lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
aja636
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Belt Deflection???

I have a 2001 yamaha G16. I am trying to figure out how to adjust belt Deflection. I put a brand new yamaha belt on and there is a lot of play. 2-3" worth of deflection.
I can't find anything to move the engine to tighten up on the belt.....Am I missing something here. Or is there no adjustment.

Also, anyone running Plowmans performance belt? Whats your take on that..

Thanks

AJ
aja636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Belt Deflection???

we have plowmans belts with clutch kits on 4 golf carts 3 G9s and 1 G16 and love them for hill climbing.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
aja636
Not Yet Wild

Did his clutch kits add any speed?. I just installed a Buggies Unlimited Deluxe power clutch kit. It lowered my "gearing" or clutch speed, and pulled 6-8MPH off the top. Feels like it is a lower ratio, haven't gotten in the woods yet but feel a touch more torquey.

Stock clutches with a worn out secondary spring had the cart going 29-31mph. Took for ever to get there though. Now she is 21-23 at best and not much quicker.
I have the governor completely bypassed, and I am getting WOT on the carb at the same time the pedal is. And the primary clutch is running the belt at full shift out as well from the marker marks on the sheaves.

Any one have any suggestions?
aja636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You will loose some speed with new belt. Plowmans belts are a little wider and shorter.
There is not anyway to tighten the belt. You could have some worn motor mounts causing it to move.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

i didnt mind giving up a little speed for torque and to be able to pull steep hills in the woods.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
gr8pumpkin
Not Yet Wild

You need to take that buggies unlimited kit off, it is wrong and will reck your rear input shaft, like it did to mine. They sell parts that are for other applications, and say they will work. I have a 1998 G16A, I just finished up my nitemare from dealing with them. Thanks to Plowmans, I now have the right parts, AND LOST NO TOP END(31mph), but have plenty of bottom end to tow my race car with. Just call Don Plowman, he will get you right.

Don Plowman
Plowman's Carts
3220 Western Rd.
Flint, Michigan 48506

www.plowmanscarts.com

(810) 736-1100
gr8pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha