lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
GhostIU
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 04 Yamaha won't turn over; please offer advice

I have an 04 Yamaha golf cart that stopped working a month after we left the dealer.

I pulled down a slope after a ride. As I pressed the brake on the way down, the back wheels slid a bit. I let off and coasted into the parking spot. When I went to accelerate to position to the cart, nothing...dead. Head lights work, reverse buzzer works, but the cart doesn't engage (no: putt, putt, putt).

Thoughts?
GhostIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 04 Yamaha won't turn over; please offer advice

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...turn-over.html
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Check the pedal switch first if not turning over.
And all fuses of course.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
GhostIU
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks...newbie to the golf cart.

It was the fuse behind the battery (in a black box). The 10 amp blew (I had added headlights, turn signals, brake lights) to it. Upgraded to a 15 amp. You think it's good? The 15 amp won't fry anything will it?
GhostIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Well, the deal is factory wiring is pretty weak and can't handle any extra load. You have to wire everything off the battery far as lights and such (both positive and negative, like for a boat). If you want it off the key stick a relay on and use that. The frame is not ground so if you ground lights/etc to frame they will ground through the cart wires usually blow the fuse. OR, your ground went bad and caused fuse to blow. Take care of that and you should be good to go. Note the gen will charge max 15A at high rpm, run it slow and the battery will eventually go down if not run/charged during day.

I would not recommend changing the fuse, but people here do it. I have never had a problem with my 55w lights long as the frame ground is on there. Once it came loose and turned them off quick they went dim. The lights I have only ground on mounting bolt so I had to ground the frame, I added a cable to the battery. Also note the engine cradle is not part of the frame.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha