lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Default Older 2 stroke no 12v power/need wiring diagram

I just picked up this older 2 stroke and when I push the pedal I have nothing. I have jumped the solenoid and it does spin over. I put a new solenoid on it and it does the same thing. I believe maybe the original owner switched some wires around while trying to change the solenoid. There is no power at the key switch and I have been studying a wiring diagram off of a 1989 that I found on this site. It shows the red wire off of the voltage regulator coming off the non hot all the time side of the solenoid and this one has the wire run to the other side and the voltage regulator has 12v all the time. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this cart? The vin # is 337211 code j1784 Can any one tell me the exact year? I am assuming 1984?
milky7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Older 2 stroke no 12v power/need wiring diagram

Yep your right it's an 84. You need 12v at the key switch after that it goes to the foot throttle mirco switch then out to the solenoid.Do you have any voltage at the key switch, either wire? If so jump them together press the throttle down and see if the solenoid clicks or turns over the engine.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

I have no power on either at the keyswitch. one wire runs to micro switch the other looks like it runs to the foward reverse assy. Shouldnt it run off the hot side of the solenoid?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Let me check be back in a bit
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The wiring is fairly easy to trace. From the battery positive the battery cable goes to one side of the solenoid large terminal. From that large terminal a small 12 volt wire goes to one side of the ignition switch (probably via a fuse, but if this 28 year old cart has been through a few hands then who knows). The other side of the ignition switch goes to the microswitch on the throttle and the other side goes to a small terminal on the solenoid. Thus with the ignition on and the throttle depressed 12 volts is applied to the solenoid and as long as the other side is grounded the solenoid should pull and fire the starter. I would ignore all the other wires (like wires to the FR switch which should activate the reverse alert) until you can call the solenoid.

Shout out if this is not clear.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Ok B on switch wires goes to mirco on L/side of controller and one is fused and goes to the BIG lug on the Battery side of the solenoid. That will be your 12v supply. Other terminal on the switch will go to the mirco on the R/side or the controller. Try that and see if it will turn over
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
racin161
Gone Wild

Sorry Dave we double posted.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

This ignition switch only has two terminals. Should it have three?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

racin, no problem looks like we are treading on each others toes.

milky, no two terminals, it is a simple on off switch. Do you have a multimeter or a voltmeter? If so place the negative on the battery negative and the positive on one side of the ignition switch you should see 12 volts, if not try the other side. Once you have found the hot side move the meter to the switched side and turn the ignition on, do you now see 12 volts on both sides?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Dave tonight when I get home I will check it that way. I have an old fluke meter,and will check it tonight and wire it like said. And will report back tomorrow. I bought this from an older man and I think he tried to install a solenoid and has all the wires messed up. Thanks for all your help guys and will be back in touch tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO