lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Found a problem...just not THE problem.

Looking at my cart this morning,had the test light hooked up on the neg battery post and had been checking for fire,went to set the test light down and then it happened the light lit. My countenance fell all the sudden sick at my stomach. I touched the light to the body, again it lit. I then touched the ground straps all lit up like Christmas time. Wiped the dirt some more sure enough the battery was on backwards. I called my dad over, showed him all of the lights let it sink in for a moment, then told him I'm sure we need more than a pulsar now. He said "Do you remember who put the battery on there" I said I don't really remember. Knowing that it was him but what are you gonna do he is my dad he always wants to help and he is 84. He lives to work on something with wheels. It was a little dark in the corner of the cart shed, at least that is what I keep telling myself. Now I have them [the battery post turned around and of course have no fire anywhere] but the starter still runs good, so there is that. Well I said anywhere I do at the solenoid. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Found a problem...just not THE problem.

What model is the cart?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
hugger6933
Getting Wild

92 Marathon With the 4 stroke 295 Robbins.Jim
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Does it turn over when you press the pedal?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Yes the starter still runs when the pedal is pressed
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is there any spark at the plugs?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
hugger6933
Getting Wild

No fire at the plugs no fire to the coil pulsar reading is 0.00 volts. About the only thing that Seems to work is the starter. On the fuse panel there are three fuses none are blown but only one has wires on both sides of the fuse. Like most answers to car problems weather large or small ones [the car I mean] the problem is usually a simple one. But this Ain't no Chevy pick up. Thanks for the help and the attention. Jim
Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

try something for me try disconnecting the battery and then take jumper cables and ground the cart completely to a metal pole or some other earth ground the start testing procedures again
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Okay, when I get it back on the list. Is it just me or does everyone feel like all of their stuff has to be worked on all the time? I have This cart it is my spare my 06 EZGO electric quit on me the day before golf started and I said I would get the spare going. Still have neither. Grass grown up at my house as well as my rental home Push mow wont start so get on the big John Deere Zero turn no dice there either. this Zero turn has just 50 hours bought brand new by me and was in the shop 14 time first 16 hrs according to the meter. Different things Now I have it in the back of the rental yard [just down the street] it died and went to crank it and gas started running out the muffler. Time to change oil drain change plugs clean carb[it has had 2 new an that one rebuilt ]under warranty. So I thought I would call my friend who owns a JD store on the other side of the state show him all the ticket maybe get some help on a trade in. They had one ticket with my vin # and it wasnt even in my nameI have been wiped clean from their computer and don't exsist. Anyway thanks for the vent, and the help I have a pole that is eight feet in the ground that will do for the "good earth ground" Well, my story ought to make y'all feel better about your day, your welcome. Jim
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I hear ya, that stuff always happens to me.

When it rains, as they say, it pours...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO