lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
baker2217
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 Starting Issue - Cranks and Cranks for Initial Start

Symptom:

When the cart sits for awhile, it takes a good 15-20 seconds of cranking to get the cart to start, and usually only after I stop and start cranking a second time. Then it runs like a dream and works great the whole day. Usually just the first start of the day.

It has - Clean carb, new vacuum lines, new coil, new plug.

What I suspect: Either fuel pump, or could it be the float in the carb bowl?

I'm happy to replace the fuel pump (it is plastic), I'm just wondering if that will truly fix it. Acts more like fuel is evaporating or leaking out of the bowl in the carb, but everything is tight, and no leaks...

I will pull the line from the fuel pump to the carb tonight and check if it is pumping, I know that is the best way, I just thought I'd post while I'm sitting here on a boring conference call and see if anyone had any other ideas!
baker2217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
baker2217
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 Starting Issue - Cranks and Cranks for Initial Start

Well, fuel pump seemed to be working great. Pushing fuel immediately.

Anyone know what the little adjustment screw on the carb bowl does?
baker2217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My G16 acted like this after sitting all winter and for the very first start up in the spring. I believe it just took a while for the fuel pump to start pumping fuel. It is now ok, as long as I choke it for the first start of the day. I assume you are pulling the choke out for your cold starts. Make sure the choke is activating properly at the carb. when you pull out the knob. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #4
duramax
Gone Wild

I think the small screw you are looking at on the carb is a drain screw is it on the side of the bowl at the bottom?
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel pump, g22, starting, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha