lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Buck4u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Front Leaf Spring Mounting

My front lift has plates to mount leaf springs, over and under. It was originally mounted on top but my tierods are rubbing the leafs. Can I mount it under, to give more clearance?
Buck4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Front Leaf Spring Mounting

Yes you can do that but it will drop the frontend down a few inches. You could also add some 1" blocks between the the rear of those springs and the carts frame. this will raise the cart that much and leave plenty of room between the tie rods and springs. Another option I like doing is cutting the top mounts on the weldment loose, leaving them and the springs there and bolting through them to the bottom. This lets you tilt the weldment by adjusting the front and back bolts lengths. You can gain the clearance you need by doing this, it doesn't need to be to much cause you don't get huge amounts of deflection in the springs that close to the tie rods and weldment
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Buck4u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Coolbeans, I think I'll try the block on rear springs. Can't quite grasp exactly what your saying, the other way without pics. Where can I get front blocks?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Most any machine shop should be able to get/have bar stock (aluminum or steel). I use square tubing but it's taller than you need. it needs to be like the end of spring itself with a hole in it for the bolts and you would need to get longer bolts also.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Buck4u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks will get back 2 u later with the results. Till then, pimping my ride with LED underlights.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts