lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #181
Jessepointer1019
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
In my experience, that is normal for the Summit Charger. Make sure you have selected the correct charge profile for your particular batteries.
I honestly didn’t even notice that I could change that within the app. I will change it shortly and try that! Thank you!
Jessepointer1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2022, 10:49 PM   #182
98tsiawd
Not Yet Wild

Hello,
I’m looking for some help. I have an 04 DS 48 volt. I just upgraded all my cables to 4 gauge, and since I did that when I charge my cart the power drive charger doesn’t do the start up cycle anymore. When I plug it in, it takes a few seconds for it to turn on at which point it charges around 13-15 amps, then shuts off after 30 seconds to a couple minutes without turning back on. When I did my cable up grade I put the cart in tow, and disconnected the pack negative and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I started to replace the cables. I’ve double checked all my connection and all are cleaned up and tight. Could I have fried my OBC somehow or just have a new problem with the charger that doesn’t have anything to do with my cable upgrade?

I appreciate the help
Thank you
98tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #183
Negncic
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2018 onward that uses the Eric charger. Halfway through a charge we lost power for an hour. The next morning the Eric charger was finished charging but the bar style charge indicator was only showing half charged. Subsequent charging shows Eric completes the charge but the gauge only shows half. I disconnected the negative battery and when I reconnected it, the gauge showed a full charge. Over the course of a few days of use and charges, the charge indicator bar slowly dropped to show half charge. My main concern is overcharging. Does the Eric charger rely on what the cart shows or is the Eric charging cycle independent? Thanks
Negncic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #184
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It does not rely on what the gauge shows. Those gauges only reset at a very high end of charge voltage. Measure the battery voltage after a full charge and see if it's up around 51Volts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:39 AM   #185
Negncic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
It does not rely on what the gauge shows. Those gauges only reset at a very high end of charge voltage. Measure the battery voltage after a full charge and see if it's up around 51Volts.
Thank you. I’ll give that a check.
Negncic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #186
Andy-L
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a PowerDrive2 (Model 22110) that stopped working.
When I plug my (48v) Precedent into another charger, it charges fine, so I believe the OBC is ok.

The symptom is that when I plug the charger into the cart, I still hear the click after a few seconds, but the charger doesn't start humming. Is this likely a relay failure? Is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere to verify or to figure out what the problem is?

I've seen a bunch of people on eBay selling parts kits for replacing the relay, rectifier, etc.
I'm thinking of replacing the relay myself (presuming that's the problem) -- does it make sense to replace some other bits at the same time?

Thanks for any advice.
Andy-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 06:09 AM   #187
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could be the big fuse on charge receptacle or in the plug portion of it.
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:33 PM   #188
Andy-L
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

But if it charges fine on another charger, doesn't that mean my receptacle is working?

Which plug do you mean, the plug that plugs into the cart, or the plug that plugs into the wall?
Andy-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:54 AM   #189
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Didn't catch it charges on another one, that would mean your cart is ok, I did have to change my plug on the charger itself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my grey wire wasn't making contact unless you moved the cord around
Old 07-26-2022, 12:27 PM   #190
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you hear the relay in the charger, could be the positive line in the plug not making contact
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car