lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone Know Model/Year of this Club Car?

I have a friend that has a gas Club Car at his work that has been sitting for a long time that he is willing to sell to me. Other than it always ran fine, he knows very little about it. I only have the one attached picture but, from it, does anyone know what model and roughly year it is? What is the engine that is probably in it? Are those (if anyone knows from the picture what engine it likely is) decent engines? It has a long bed on the back that I am fairly sure is aluminum. I looked online and from the picture would guess it's a Carryall in the 2000 - 2004 range but that's basically a wild guess. We are thinking we might take it down to our lake house. Are they decent and reliable carts?

I have a YamG1 and EzGo MPT but am not at all familiar with Club Car. How do they compare with regard to quality and performance? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0834.jpg (153.9 KB, 0 views)
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone Know Model/Year of this Club Car?

That not a lot of information but the roof is 1998 or earlier.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:07 PM   #3
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

I think it might be a lot less than not a lot of information but, if it was easy, what would the fun be? Here's a little more information ... It has 4 wheels.

I just figured from the nose cone, top, uprights, seat that some MCCG (Master Club Car Guy) might have a good idea that it's a "some model", "roughly this year", "likely this engine" type of deal.

Hopefully someone will be able to. If not, I'll make a drive out there, get some more pictures and see if I can find a serial number or something.

Thanks for the info scotty. You definitely nailed it!
Old 01-24-2022, 07:10 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ask the seller for a serial number - The first 2 digits are the year it was made.
Problem with this DS is it was almost unchanged for 20 years. Being a Carryall makes it harder still, no typical seat changes. Other problem is most of the newer stuff is interchangeable when I was flipping carts we would put newer seats and roofs and steering wheels on older carts to make them more appealing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Actually they used that roof on carryalls until at least 2007 or 2008, so it’s pretty much impossible to tell the year without a serial number.
I can tell you it has front brakes, so likely a carryall 2 or larger. Assuming it’s mid/late 90’s or newer it should have the Kawasaki fe350 in it. Great engine, very strong, and parts are readily available. 50/50 if it’s a pedal start like a normal cart or key start and will idle like a side by side.

My guess if we were having a pool would be a 2000
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:45 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Late 90s to early-mid 2000s. Not sure when they started putting the Grey bodies on them. The early 90s ones usually had green or beige.

Those things look the same for almost two decades, so very hard to narrow down a year based on looks alone.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #7
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

My goodness, there's a whole slew of Master Club Car guys in here and you all make very good points. I appreciate all the input and info. Good spot on the front brakes CP241, I hadn't really noticed that. How does a Carryall 2 or larger differ from a regular Carryall. Is pedal start or idle better or just different? Being a Carryall, more of a utility type cart, I gather they are a bit beefier than a regular cart. Would you say these are good solid carts that are relatively reliable? Do they pull well if you put larger wheels and tires on them? I do like that it's a Kawasaki engine. I had to do a complete rebuild on my EZGO MPT with a Robin 350 twin. Cool engine but getting parts was difficult and they can be finicky.
I will let you know what it is once I get a chance to get out there.
Mucho thanks guys! Good info.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:56 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I love carryalls, I’ve had several of them. One I had a 6” lift and 25” tires and I could still pull a hay bale around on my 5x8 trailer if I needed to. It would climb anything I ever needed it to and was just a solid reliable cart. Really all of them have been solid and reliable. My personal preference but I’d take a carryall over a workhorse any day of the week. And I’ve had a few of those as well, I’m just not a fan of the robins engine, particularly the MCI 350.

The carryall 1 has a small bed, carryall 2 the bed was a bit longer. And the carryall 6 has a really long bed. The carryall 2 bed is a few inches wider (not a lot) than a carryall 1 and about a foot longer. The whole frame on a carryall 2 is longer than a 1. 1 is standard golf cart length approx. carryall 2 is about a foot or so longer. Kinda comparing a workhorse length vs TXT length. Definitely bigger. The 6 is longer yet. Load capacities vary and go up with them as well.

Rear end and everything as far as I’m aware is the same amongst all of them. Generally speaking DS parts are pretty much directly compatible with them all. Exception being lift kits, the front brakes are gonna make that difficult. But you should be able to replace the spindles with standard DS spindles (pre 2004) and install any DS lift kit once the front brakes are deleted.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:04 PM   #9
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

So I went and took a look at it and got the serial number. By that it appears to be a '97 Carryall 6. That is one long cart! (not to mention a little funky looking) It's been parked outside but under a covered structure for a long time and is covered with dust but looks to be in fairly decent shape. The engine is the Kawi FE350 as was suggested below. I didn't try to start it (want to clean the gas tank and carb first) but did check the compression - 150lbs, with a low battery and at a mile of elevation (Albuquerque) - I was impressed with that! Oil was a little on the low end but looked decent.

I won't be able to get it home for a couple of weeks but it will be interesting to get running. I'm sure I'll have some questions then. Thanks very much for the input and information!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1241.jpg (237.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1244.jpg (267.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2022, 10:20 PM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

You’ve got a 6 foot bed that never has to be made!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9I51JXpcLwk

Looks like a great project !! Nice find
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car