lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2022, 11:59 PM   #1
Got Wood
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car XRT 4x4 axle override switch

I have a 2013 Club Car XRT 1550SE with Intellitrak... Question, can you run 12v right to the front axle coil to engage the 4x4 and make it a "on demand" system? wondering if anybody has performed this override, plowing on ice the Intellitrak is not very intelligent...

Thanks in advance for your help,
Got Wood
Got Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Club Car XRT 4x4 axle override switch

Have you tested the circuit to determine the actual voltage that it's supplying to the coil?
Sounds doable but I have some coils on equipment that say 12V but actually energize way under that.
Also if you do it, remove the feed wire from the Intellitrak so you don't back feed the system from your switch.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #3
Got Wood
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Crash,
I ran a voltage meter in-line on the wires going to the axle and drove it where I know the axle engaged and "no voltage", even tried millivolts with nothing showing... I'm more confused then ever as to how the axle engages with Intillitrak, looking at all Club Car's manuals/exploded part view's etc. and it doesn't show how the front clutch engages I.E. coil/actuator ... My problem is plowing on ice the system can't sense slippage and engages the front axle to late and it sits there and spins because of the snow load on the front, would be nice to lock it out when needed...
Old 02-28-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
Got Wood
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved,
to engage the 4x4 on demand it is just as simple as supplying 12v to the axle, just disconnect the wires coming from the from the Itellitach to the axle and on the axle side wire, install a switch that sends 12v to one side and ground the other side to energize the axle coil on demand... Now my XRT is a plowing beast, no more waiting for the 4X4 to engage, flick the switch and GOOOO!! Awesome...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car