lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Darran Whitehorse
Not Yet Wild

Default Does anyone else even have a EZ Go Terrain 1000 or am I only one?

Just looking for general opinions on these carts and any problems I may be looking forward to. Mine is a 2013 and already looking at possibly replacing my second controller and axle shafts and bearings have been replaced twice. All was done under warranty but it will be up before I know it and wondering if this will be a ongoing problem. Wish we would have got gas as they seem to need less repair and don't get me started on the price of replacing batteries every 3 to 4 years as ours gets used every day.
Darran Whitehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Does anyone else even have a EZ Go Terrain 1000 or am I only one?

If they are "slapping a new controller in there" to fix every possible failure, i would be looking for a new service place as soon as the repairs are on "your dime". We are a ezgo dealer, but we have sold only a handfull of new 48v txts (we sell almost all electric RXVs for Ezgo stuff), so i cant really say what your cart may be experiencing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Darran Whitehorse
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: Does anyone else even have a EZ Go Terrain 1000 or am I only one?

If you look at advanced tech manual on my fleet of 50 rxv's that we have about half of electrical problems you encounter, according to the manual, the first thing it tells you to do is replace controller with known good controller. That's fine if it solves your problem and your a dealer/service center but not many end users have known good controllers sitting on the shelf and once you purchase one if that does not solve your problem you own it for a heavy price.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I am at a ezgo dealer, and i have the manuals (even on my phone as i type this). The diagnostic procedure does Not "start with replace controller", they give specific diagnostic procedures to follow. (with very rare exception like "current sensor calibration error", in those cases they know they wont pay you for repairing internal controller problems). Some of the diagnostic steps end with "if all prior tests check OK, replace controller". Hey, i'm just saying i wont change to the "start by replacing controller" method of repair. When i was at ezgo training (first time i went), they were telling us "be sure to follow the diagnostics carefully. Because we will be calling in warrantied controllers, and if the controller is still OK in our opinion, we will deny your claim. This means that your shop would eat the cost of the unnecessarily replaced controller".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:49 PM   #5
Darran Whitehorse
Not Yet Wild

I agree ,none of the steps start with "try known good controller" but many end with this resolution and if error remains reinstall controller. I would not resort to that method as you stated either. I will be going to a ez go service class on Jan. 13th and hope to get a better understanding of the diagnostic procedures as this is new to me because my fleet just came off warranty this past summer and now repairs are up to me. I appreciate your input. Hopefully they will cover my terrain 1000 at the class as it is different than my rxv's and has different controller and no motor brake but mechanical brakes instead.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Darran Whitehorse
Not Yet Wild

I did notice that I stated earlier "start with replace controller". That was a error on my part. But many end with replace with known good controller and if error still occurs reinstall. I was just thinking that it seems like a lot of work and how many end users have a extra controller laying on a shelf.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
This means that your shop would eat the cost of the unnecessarily replaced controller".
A very, very expensive controller.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO