lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #71
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rear Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I might as well chime in....

I will only use H&J SPN-1008 springs 3-leaf pack. You can find them on ebay or other sites. I remove the two helper springs and only run the single leaf. It is way stiffer than stock but still has plenty of flex so it's not brittle like some. I then made my own 2" longer shackles. The stock shackles are 6" long end to end, these are 8" and give 1.5" of lift.

It's the perfect combo, stronger than stock, softer than heavy duty. The shackle gives just the right balance.
Those leaves you have without the helpers look to be about the same thickness as the medium duties that I installed. Thicker than stock, but provides a nice ride. I've been impressed with mine for the 8 months I've had them.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #72
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Those leaves you have without the helpers look to be about the same thickness as the medium duties that I installed. Thicker than stock, but provides a nice ride. I've been impressed with mine for the 8 months I've had them.
mine are going on 4 years old now
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #73
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Nice
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #74
jadar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, read through this thread as I'm looking at putting the dual leaf springs on . Seen the "check your u-bolts" portion and guess what... I had one that literally I could move with my hand since it was so loose. Put the wrenches to work and the other three were not that tight either. Can't express enough how great this forum is!
jadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:08 AM   #75
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Does anyone have a link to what this thread is calling a dual-action medium duty spring for a DS (2006)?

I see some dual-action but stating they are heavy duty...
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #76
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

We put these on most of our builds. They don't beat you to death when lightly loaded but will take the weight without bottoming. Like and old automotive "helper" spring, the bottom leaf doesn't even come into play till there is enough weight onboard to press the other leaves into it.
http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Club_...p/spn-1032.htm
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #77
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
We put these on most of our builds. They don't beat you to death when lightly loaded but will take the weight without bottoming. Like and old automotive "helper" spring, the bottom leaf doesn't even come into play till there is enough weight onboard to press the other leaves into it.
http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Club_...p/spn-1032.htm

Thanks. I saw this but the term heavy duty threw me off. Mine is just use on pavement but when there's people in the back it's bottoming/sagging a good bit.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #78
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't know why it's written that way. They're a medium duty. I've had mine on for 2 years (street and paths) and think they're like Goldilocks' bed.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:18 PM   #79
Kam12ds
Not Yet Wild

Spare you guys removing 1 or 2 of the helper springs in the spn-1008 I just installed a 6” lift and want to use these. I have them in hand. I tried them but felt they were too tall. Surly one of these has to be better than just my old single spring
Kam12ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car