lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #11
Engman69
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Also for the front bumper mount plate a little heat and some persuasion should straighten it.
Engman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #12
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car DS - Renovation Project

DJGCWB, I did look at your restoration project previously and will refer back to it and others as I go along. Cut all my wiring out this evening and didn't worry about where anything went so I'll definitely be looking for info to rewire the thing.

And Engman69, I hope to pressure wash it tomorrow afternoon. I did scrape off the aluminum battery holders and it may not be as bad as it looks. I've got a couple of migs and one of them I tried to weld aluminum sheet practicing but found it extremely difficult to control. Don't know how the thicker angle would be in comparison.

Had the misfortune of sheering off one of the motor lugs. You can see where it overheated and I guess it caused the nut to sieze. So now, I'll either get it repaired, upgraded by plumquick, or replace. Suggestions anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring_removed.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery_box_cleaned.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg overheated_wiring.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sheared_motor_lug.jpg (114.5 KB, 0 views)
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #13
Engman69
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Had the misfortune of sheering off one of the motor lugs. You can see where it overheated and I guess it caused the nut to sieze. So now, I'll either get it repaired, upgraded by plumquick, or replace. Suggestions anyone?[/QUOTE]

Don't be afraid to open up the motor and try to replace the terminal. The worst that can happen is u cannot replace it and have to change out the whole motor which is where you are at right now.
Engman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Klanel, how's it coming along?
DJGCWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #15
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's coming slowly but surely. Waiting on some parts to get here. Ended up getting a new/used rear end since I lost my patience and destroyed my old differential slamming the axle down. I also have a Bandit on the way and a resistor and diode for the 48 volt conversion.

Still have to get a lift and the only thing I have decided for sure is not to get a spindle lift. So leaning toward a 6" Jakes unless I get some info that persuades me otherwise.

Cut off the front bumper plate and will make a new one. Also plan on fabricating my own brush guard and trailer hitch. Been looking at some factory made ones for inspiration.

Also got my small mig out and practiced my aluminum welding again. Last time I tried was about 6-8 years ago on sheet metal and it didn't work out consistently. But I tried on some thicker stuff and ended up getting some nice welds/penetration. The 11-/2" flat bar that wraps downward for the seat back to screw to had a crack and fell off when I touched it so I will be replacing that and maybe the battery box angles (which actually cleaned up decently)

So here are some photos I took today. Cleaned up battery box, broken flat bar behind seat I will be attempting to replace and weld, painted rear leaf springs, rear shocks, front shocks, brake drums, and cut off bumper. (in no particular order)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake_durms_preped.jpg (84.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg broken_seat_mount.jpg (74.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bumper_removed.jpg (99.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg painted_front_shocks.jpg (56.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg painted_rear_shocks.jpg (52.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #16
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also ordered some aluminum angle and flat bar to replace battery box angles (if I decide), and fix the seat support.

Here's a couple more photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleaned_battery_box.jpg (74.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg painted_rear_springs_durms_etc.jpg (80.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fenders_removed.jpg (78.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #17
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

Looking good dude, keep posting pics of your rebuild
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #18
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Good progress! Just out of curiosity, why did you cut off the front bumper plate? Just interested in what you're planning on replacing it with.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #19
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: 1992 Club Car DS - Renovation Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGCWB View Post
Good progress! Just out of curiosity, why did you cut off the front bumper plate? Just interested in what you're planning on replacing it with.
I cut it off because it was badly bent and it a location where I couldn't hit it from the backside. I'm either going to weld on a new aluminum bumper plate or bolt on a stainless bumper plate but it will be fixed properly when it's finished.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #20
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I cut it off because it was badly bent and it a location where I couldn't hit it from the backside. I'm either going to weld on a new aluminum bumper plate or bolt on a stainless bumper plate but it will be fixed properly when it's finished.

Gotcha. I remember seeing it all bent up in one of your previous pictures. Good luck man! Lookin good!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car