lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #11
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lower top

Here we go
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #12
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Rollin rite along

Then hit a stumbling block lol
feel kinda stupid haha
who knows the front posts are 3/4 inch and not 1 inch like the rear lol .. can't believe I missed that .. headed back to Lowes tomorrow
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Hmmmm......what's your plan on the part that's kind of hanging out beyond the width of the stock square tube? BTW....the camo paint on it...whoever did that did a good job!! Nice "vine" technique!!

Just a thought.....you may want to consider two bolts going thru the opposite way of the two you have in there now. And....I would put some BIG flat washer's on the side with the new metal for additional support. You can always grind off the washer that "hangs" over if it bothers you. Again...just a thought. Of course....I'm not doing any of the work....so Ideas are always forthcoming.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #14
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do you know anyone with a welder? Seems simple enough to remove a couple inches and stick it back together. Wouldn't have all that extra iron on it that way.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thx yall
I did the camo job
I'm not really concerned about the sleeve I'm gonna run 4 bolts total when I get it at the right height then I'll camo it back up .. this way I can adjust it anytime ... looks are 2nd to me lol I just use and abuse it during hunting seasons and once a month during the summer i ride it around the club and charge it .. but I think she will look good after the camo kinda blends it In ...
I finished it last night but put the 1.25 inch sleeve in the front for now till I get to Lowes and get the 1 inch sleeve I need ... I'll roll it out today and get a few pics of how it looks now
Old 05-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah.....I'm with ya on the looks. Most of the time my cart (I use mine mostly for hunting) is spattered with mud anyway...so color is 50\50 mud and camo. So even a bad cammo looks really good. My only concern with using the steel is if it will crack on you.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #17
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I still have to get the 1 inch tubing tonight to finish up but this is how she will sit
Old 05-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nice!! BTW....I "cut off" those rear tube handle's on mine as they always seemed to grab a tree, a "skinny" ATV only gate, or something silly that I would inevitably have to use my winch to get my cart un-stuck from. Once I cut the top part off....no more issues.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the 1 inch tubing on last night and got her painted back up today .. still gotta finish the top camo tho
Old 06-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Da "pipes" look good man!! From the photos, I can't see 'em. Close up, I'm sure you could spot 'em.....but hey....it's for hunting. We don't need no "stinking" fancy stuff!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO