lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #11
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED - Headlight and Tailights????

I know this is not directly an apples to apples thing but my LEDs have been awesome. I have two generic off-road type 4" LEDs mounted to my brush guard and they are nearly as bright as a car. Nearly everyone has commented how bright they are. They are much much brighter than the OEM setup.
I have them connected to a Ebay 10amp 12 volt power supply. I have been running this setup for almost two years with no problems.
For the rear, I have a red LED light bar for lights, turn signal and brakes which works perfectly. In addition, I have a pair of Amber motorcycle type LED turn signals for the front corners.
I know you are trying to retro fit your existing light fixtures. All I am saying is LEDs can be very bright and effective, just do your research.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #12
rhinomike
Getting Wild

My local Cart shop thinks it is my battery set up. I use a small lawn mower battery for my 12v accessories. 800 cranking amps. Even though it is new... He thinks the tail lights and headlights can't get enough volts. My RXV has the converter. I currently have 55w bulbs. He recommended adding a converter to feed off my main pack and feels that will brighten up my headlights. Does that make sense?
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Since they will be fed 13+ volts, yes it does.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #14
rhinomike
Getting Wild

He recommended adding the converter. Leaving my headlights as they are and changing my tail lights to LED to be more visible at night. Along with a 3rd LED strip on the back of my roof. For better visibility when driving on the streets at night.
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Better visibility is always a good thing at night. Brother-in-law was almost rearended in his cart when out looking at Christmas lights. Luckily the passenger on the rear seat had a tactical LED flashlight and strobe-flashed the SUV which slammed on the breaks.

Bro-in-laws cart had the two tail lights down low (like normal) AND he had a string of multi-colored LED Christmas lights run around the roof. Still wasn't seen...

I am adding a red LED strip the width of the roof to my cart, hoping to get that done in the next week or two.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO