lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
shaman35
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Diagnosing No Go 94 Club Car DS

I hope you Folks can help me-- I picked up a 94 club car DS. The batteries were marginal, full charge about 36.5 after 24hr rest. I was using it on flat ground, and heard a soft pop after putting it in gear, and then no go. I figured the old batteries had finally given up the ghost, so I picked up the new set I'd been saving for. So I have 6 new Exide gc115 batteries. Same result, no go.

I read a lot of posts on BGW, and read up in the maintenance manual. Here's what I've found so far--

On the ground, the cart tries to move, like a weak nudge. but draws a lot of power. The red cable off the FnR selector got very warm to the touch.
With the cart in the air, the wheels turn, but still seem to draw a lot-- pack voltage dropped from 37.0 to 35 with no load, other than the wheels turning free in the air.

Testing: with the cables off the motor-- no continuity between any of the terminals and the motor case.
There is continuity between A1 & A2; and between F1 & F2.
No continuity between any of the A and F terminals.
Tested the v-glide, and it ohms out from 4800 to 0.
Voltage at B- and M- 36.5 with pack voltage 37.0

I'm normally not this stymied with fixing things, but I'm confused-- I cant seem to find a clear cut answer. The controller voltage is a little less than it should be-- and all the cables have been replaced or check out as good. I replaced the solenoid, because the old one had a crack.
I'm torn between the controller being weak or partially blown, or bad/melted brushes on the motor, but I'm not sure enough to buy a new one. $$ are tight for me.

Thanks for reading this far! Hope this is something that's an easy answer for some of you. I'm sure there must be something I'm missing.
shaman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car