lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #71
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't agree with any part of the Alltrax install starting with the Multiflex adapter that is not needed and ending with the spacers and extensions not needed. It's a ridiculous document that makes a complex process out of a simple task. And tries to collect $50 for a couple of plastic spacers and a 12" harness adapter, which if you cut a couple of zip ties loose... is simply not needed.
Alltrax has posted video of this controller running a cart while it is submerged in a tub of water. It has built in thermo-plastic cooling towers and needs circulating air to cool. It does not need to be mounted to the CC heat sink. I and others have tossed out the heat sink and mounted the controller to the plastic splash guard.
There is no right and wrong way, I suppose. This is not rocket science. It is aftermarket modification... which sometimes in the case of larger components leads to outside the box thinking.
Understood... For those of us that want to keep using the club car charger it looks like we need to keep the obc which is installed in heat sink correct?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #72
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm gonna have to agree with Scottyb on this one. I've seen the way he does his, and it works. I know the way I do mine, and it works as well. The Alltrax way will work as well, and it'll be fine, but I agree with Scottyb that it's overkill. There's really no need for those spacers or extensions. The Flex mount adapter is also completely unnecessary on a Precedent. They're life savers in the E-Z-Go cars, but a Club Car doesn't need one at all. You just need a drill bit and some bolts. I've installed hundreds of these Alltrax controllers on the back of the component mounting plate vertically and run them without the plastic OEM controller cover. I have never had an issue. If you order an Alltrax controller from me, I'll be more than happy to send you some install photos and measurements of exactly where to put the controller and I know Scottyb does the same thing. We, as sponsors, are here to take care of our customers and make sure they have the easiest installation procedure. There are several ways to do it and there really is no specific right or wrong way. As long as the controller is secure and well-ventilated it will give you a long life of top performance.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #73
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm gonna have to agree with Scottyb on this one. I've seen the way he does his, and it works. I know the way I do mine, and it works as well. The Alltrax way will work as well, and it'll be fine, but I agree with Scottyb that it's overkill. There's really no need for those spacers or extensions. The Flex mount adapter is also completely unnecessary on a Precedent. They're life savers in the E-Z-Go cars, but a Club Car doesn't need one at all. You just need a drill bit and some bolts. I've installed hundreds of these Alltrax controllers on the back of the component mounting plate vertically and run them without the plastic OEM controller cover. I have never had an issue. If you order an Alltrax controller from me, I'll be more than happy to send you some install photos and measurements of exactly where to put the controller and I know Scottyb does the same thing. We, as sponsors, are here to take care of our customers and make sure they have the easiest installation procedure. There are several ways to do it and there really is no specific right or wrong way. As long as the controller is secure and well-ventilated it will give you a long life of top performance.
I'll plan on removing the cover the rest of the way as I have it loosely taped on now as didnt see that I needed to reroute wires through battery tray etc. I ordered alltrax xct400 from Scotty though did not receive any installation instruction specific to my cart. Maybe something he needs to do on his order page is have note or drop down specifying cart so can send details. He sent me the adapter tray which looks like only needed for ezgo, which I hate to just toss since not needed...

Was great to get controller right away almost next day and there is noticeable performance upgrade. Unfortunately I need new batteries and now discovered you guys are using lithium. I'm going to have to begin selling blood.[emoji382]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car