lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #21
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Slow 2000 48 v Club Car

If u tested the batteries as suggested then that isn't the issue. Excessive heat due to corrosion in the electrical feeds? Excessive drag due to breaks? Need a real techie to get u running I guess.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #22
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoxh View Post
Fully charged batteries: pack charge 51 v. Individual Batteries 8.5 at rest. Under load all dropped 7.9-8 and recovered to 8.5. Checked each with a load tester and all appeared ok.
I just bought a used cart and of course the guy said the batteries were brand new - 1 year old. He coulda said they were bought yesterday and I wouldn't have known...so I tested myself.

Forgot to mention - my cart is stock, probably about 15 on flats, 10mph or so on a 30-40 degree hill

For comparison - I have 4 12v batteries so its not apples to apples...

Immediatly after full charge 54.70
After 8 hours Rest Full Pack 51.60
After 8 hours Rest Battery 1 12.80
After 8 hours Rest Battery 2 12.90
After 8 hours Rest Battery 3 13.00
After 8 hours Rest Battery 4 12.80

Ride up moderate hill full throttle full pack 46.60
Ride up moderate hill full throttle Battery 1 11.80
Ride up moderate hill full throttle Battery 2 11.70
Ride up moderate hill full throttle Battery 3 11.70
Ride up moderate hill full throttle Battery 4 11.65

Flat full throttle full pack 49.85
downhill full throttle full pack 53.00
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:11 PM   #23
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies. The cables are clean and the terminals are clean no corrosion.
Thanks
mattoxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I've seen series cars behave this way several times and ended up replacing the controller. It's often diagnosed as an MCOR or V-Glide issue but the fact that it works fine for a while and slowly develops into a crawling condition indicates that the controller is failing to put out a reasonable amount of power after it heats up. An MCOR or V-Glide issue would be a more permanent condition and wouldn't come and go like you describe.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #25
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is this a fix that I can do or should I take it to a shop.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Is this a fix that I can do or should I take it to a shop.
Thanks
That depends on your mechanical ability. Installing a controller isn't hard to do. However, it may be worth doing some tests to make sure that it's definitely the problem. I'm just basing my opinion on my experience. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling a man a controller without diagnosing his cart first. If you're interested in diagnosing the issue I'll be glad to help you. Give me a call if you'd like. Phone number is on the web page. Web page link is below.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #27
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Based on information from David's Post and another source I am leaning toward the v-glued throttle control. I think it is within the half moon plastic case under the seat on driver side beside the battery. I have to remove a battery and open up the case to get inside. I imagine it will need testing with a volt meter for resistance. Maybe some feedback will get me through the testing process. Pretty sure the problem is a component breaking down when it gets hot as the Cart is fine on initial start up it only starts limping after riding a while. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Based on information from David's Post and another source I am leaning toward the v-glued throttle control. I think it is within the half moon plastic case under the seat on driver side beside the battery. I have to remove a battery and open up the case to get inside. I imagine it will need testing with a volt meter for resistance. Maybe some feedback will get me through the testing process. Pretty sure the problem is a component breaking down when it gets hot as the Cart is fine on initial start up it only starts limping after riding a while. Thanks for any input.
Pull the green wire and yellow wire off of the controller pin 2 and pin 3. Set the meter to 20k ohms and check the resistance between these two wires with the car in forward. Cycle pedal from no throttle to full throttle. You should see 5000 to 0 ohms. I doubt this is the problem though. The V-glide (multi step potentiometer) doesn't get hot on a 48 volt car.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #29
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks David. I will check, what should I go to next if this is not the problem.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks David. I will check, what should I go to next if this is not the problem.

If you're getting the correct throttle input to the controller when the cart fails, replace the Controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car