lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #31
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Throttle problem

As soon as I isolate the purple wire from the speed sensor and run it directly from connector to connector the throttle jumps directly to 100%. Does t matter it I ground the speed sensor or not.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, the speed sensor needs the negative side connected to a negative source. The Controller B- terminal would be a good point.

The purple wire from the MCOR 3-pin connector should go directly to pin #3 of the 16-pin connector, no other wires should be there.

Cut the purple wire a few inches from the controller 16-pin connector.

Cut the purple wire where the resistor was on the harness.

Run the MCOR side of the purple wire where the resistor was directly to the controller side of the wire you cut near the controller.

You should have the 2 purple wire ends on the harness side left. There is a sonic weld between those 2 ends where the speed sensor and the black/yellow dashboard wires are connected to.

Run whichever purple wire side is more convenient to a negative source and tape the other side.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #33
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Yes, the speed sensor needs the negative side connected to a negative source. The Controller B- terminal would be a good point.

The purple wire from the MCOR 3-pin connector should go directly to pin #3 of the 16-pin connector, no other wires should be there.

Cut the purple wire a few inches from the controller 16-pin connector.

Cut the purple wire where the resistor was on the harness.

Run the MCOR side of the purple wire where the resistor was directly to the controller side of the wire you cut near the controller.

You should have the 2 purple wire ends on the harness side left. There is a sonic weld between those 2 ends where the speed sensor and the black/yellow dashboard wires are connected to.

Run whichever purple wire side is more convenient to a negative source and tape the other side.
You're a hell of a man, Sergio.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #34
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

That's what I did but as soon as the purple wire is cut the throttle jumps up to 100%. Grounding the other side has no effect. As soon as I touch the purple wire back to its original point throttle drops to 0. With the wire cut the cart will run but throttle is wide open until I get the speed sensor code. There is no variance in speed or throttle percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #35
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please read my post again, at no point you should have the wire just cut or the throttle would be 100% without the low side connected.

There needs to be a wire from pin #3 of the 16-pin controller connector directly to the MCOR 3-pin connector.

I suggested cutting the wire at the old resistor location for convenience.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #36
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Yes I did cut at old resistor point but the point where it ties into the speed sensor is between the resistor and the controller so I soldered a jumper between resistor removal point and cut it again a connector inches from the controller which then totally isolated the purple wire from anything else.
When the purple wire is isolated it instantly goes to 100% with or without being reconnected to the pedal.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #37
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Well the last issue was sort of self inflicted . Come to fine out the from pulling on the main controller connector for a week some of the pins loosened up. The programmer would jump from 0% and 100% by just touching the harness near the controller. After i tightened the 3 throttle pins the problem disappeared and the cart now runs fine.
So in review. The resistors were cut out, a new purple wire was run from the resistor cut to the controller, and the opposite end of the purple wire was then grounded to the B pack -negative.
Thanks for all the help!

Old 11-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #38
Skychaffins
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The controller will keep the motor from spinning faster than about 3300 rpm (stock magnet and speed code 3), and that happens pretty fast with the wheels off the ground.

When that happens, Regen is engaged to reduce rpm and without the cart weight pushing the wheels and turning the motor, it brakes pretty fast.

What I am trying to say it may be working just fine for when the wheels are OFF ground.

As far as the 28% throttle at rest, disconnect the speed sensor and see if the throttle rests at a lower value.

I did not think the IQ controller was affected by the negative wire issue like the old Alltrax DCX or Curtis 1268, but then again, I am not sure anyone converted an Excel harness back to IQ before.

If the throttle goes lower, You will need to isolate the purple wire from the MCOR so it is the only wire going to pin #3.

The other negatives sonic welded to that wire would have to go to a different negative source like B-.

This is your harness (Excel):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...mcor_small.jpg
But that controller (Excel) pin out is a little different that yours, attached is the IQ harness and controller:

I am having this issue with a cart this week, throttle rests at 28% cart doesn't move. Unplug speed sensor cart acts as it should but throws speed sensor fault like it should, is there a quick fix to this? Still a newbie to all this I believe the fix you have here will work just wanted a second opinion before I start cutting up the harness
Skychaffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:53 PM   #39
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skychaffins View Post
I am having this issue with a cart this week, throttle rests at 28% cart doesn't move. Unplug speed sensor cart acts as it should but throws speed sensor fault like it should, is there a quick fix to this? Still a newbie to all this I believe the fix you have here will work just wanted a second opinion before I start cutting up the harness
Sorry to say that Sergio has not been on the forum for quite some time so I doubt you'll receive a reply from him. I sure miss him.

Wish I had the expertise to tell you what to do.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:21 AM   #40
Skychaffins
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Sorry to say that Sergio has not been on the forum for quite some time so I doubt you'll receive a reply from him. I sure miss him.

Wish I had the expertise to tell you what to do.
Oh no that is sad him and Tahoedawgz71 were my go tow when I had some issues arise
Skychaffins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car throttle fault
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car