lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default My First Build 2000 DS

Well I finished my first cart and It was a lot of work. Had fun but I don't know if I would do it again because of the time I put in and the money spent. The only problem I am having is the front wheels bowing out at the top. I replaced all the front end parts and made several adjustments with the spring. What might be the problem and can this be corrected? Thanks for any and all help!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2066.JPG (443.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2069.JPG (486.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2070.JPG (552.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2072.JPG (697.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2073.JPG (631.0 KB, 0 views)
Deehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My First Build 2000 DS

You need to adjust the toe in on the cart. There are some decent videos of how to do it on youtube. Tires should have about an 1/8" to 1/4" toe in. It is easy to do just watch one of the DIY videos on youtube first if you have never done it before.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Frizgolf thanks for the help! Attached is a pic of my front end...My problem is not the toe in or out. My wheels bow out at the top and I can't find another adjustment to correct the problem.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The photo looks like you have them about the same. No other adjustment you can do. If parts are not worn your only way to correct that is to put a lift kit that gives you adjustment for camber.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you replace the front spring? If so, are you sure you got the correct replacement? It appears the spring is not right. If you changed it you may want to try the old spring and see if that solves the problem. One more thing, what size are your wheels and tires?
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #6
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
Did you replace the front spring? If so, are you sure you got the correct replacement? It appears the spring is not right. If you changed it you may want to try the old spring and see if that solves the problem. One more thing, what size are your wheels and tires?
Yep I replaced the front spring and the old spring did the same thing. Do they make different size springs? I have 14" wheels and tires.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
The photo looks like you have them about the same. No other adjustment you can do. If parts are not worn your only way to correct that is to put a lift kit that gives you adjustment for camber.
The only parts I did not replace is the spindles. I don't want to lift the cart I like the low aggressive look.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't know. The Precedent spring may be a different length. If you put some weight in the cart does it level out? It was the same with the old spring? Was it the same with stock wheels?
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I guess you could remove the upper control arms and reshape them. Make them shorter.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #10
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
I don't know. The Precedent spring may be a different length. If you put some weight in the cart does it level out? It was the same with the old spring? Was it the same with stock wheels?
I will check it with weight and see what happens. The old spring did the same thing with the stock wheels.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car