lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC carryall or transporter battery 8-6v or 6-8v

I put the new speed sensor in and put the supposedly high speed magnet. Cart works fine again but zero gain in speed and the regen braking still works which the magnet was supposed to get rid of.
Kramlinck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #12
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Remember with your new setup you are charging two less batteries so it won't take as long. I had the reverse when I changed from 6 - 8's to 8 - 6's the charge would take longer.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #13
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yeah starting to understand. I see that my cart was designed for 8-6v. I'm wondering if the obc only works with that setup as the replacement description say to be used in 8-6v cart setups. Also would using less batteries with the same volts give me less performance such as speed?
Kramlinck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:48 AM   #14
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramlinck1 View Post
Yeah starting to understand. I see that my cart was designed for 8-6v. I'm wondering if the obc only works with that setup as the replacement description say to be used in 8-6v cart setups. Also would using less batteries with the same volts give me less performance such as speed?
As we said earlier 48 volts is 48 volts, the OBC or charger could care less... Now on the other hand 6 x 8v will have less range than 8 x 6v but overall top speed should be the same...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:05 AM   #15
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
As we said earlier 48 volts is 48 volts, the OBC or charger could care less... ..
Yes 48 is 48 but depending on amperage of charger. If charger was designed for the higher capacity it should charge quicker with the smaller capacity pack.

Like I said, I did the reverse and it took longer for mine to charge.

Also this is what I gathered when I bought my charger for the lithiums, it depended on the AH capacity as to what size charger I ordered.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #16
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ideally your charger should be 1/10 the AH capacity of the battery. So for a Trojan T875 with a 170AH rating the charger should be rated at 17 amps. I've never heard it discussed but I would suppose the regen current should be limited to the rating of the battery.
Consider this situation. Suppose you drive one mile with a high capacity battery and then drive one mile with a low capacity battery pack. Both battery packs used the same amount of energy and if you are using the same charger the charge time would be the same.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #17
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Ideally your charger should be 1/10 the AH capacity of the battery. So for a Trojan T875 with a 170AH rating the charger should be rated at 17 amps. I've never heard it discussed but I would suppose the regen current should be limited to the rating of the battery.
Consider this situation. Suppose you drive one mile with a high capacity battery and then drive one mile with a low capacity battery pack. Both battery packs used the same amount of energy and if you are using the same charger the charge time would be the same.
Yes but if you took ea pack to 50% the smaller pack will have used less AH and require less time to restore.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
Yes 48 is 48 but depending on amperage of charger. If charger was designed for the higher capacity it should charge quicker with the smaller capacity pack.

Like I said, I did the reverse and it took longer for mine to charge.

Also this is what I gathered when I bought my charger for the lithiums, it depended on the AH capacity as to what size charger I ordered.
That is not what my answer is addressing. The question was "is the OBC designed to be used with 8x6V verse 6X8V" to which the answer is NO and that overall capacity differences unless drastic will not affect speed...

To which the PD charger as delivered with 4x12, 8x6 and 6x8 carts were all 15 amps correct? It would stand to reason that the length of charge would vary according to battery pack and amount of discharge. A 17 amp DPI should charge a little faster yet...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car