lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: another battery question

AbnTgr01,
That is what I am hoping to learn as well. Here is the definition of the calculation.

The most common battery rating is the AMP-HOUR RATING. This is a unit of measurement for battery capacity, obtained by multiplying a current flow in amperes by the time in hours of discharge. (Example: A battery which delivers 5 amperes for 20 hours delivers 5 amperes times 20 hours, or 100 ampere-hours.)
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2017, 02:51 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The AH rating you are seeing are 20 hour ratings, so You need to divide that number by 20 to figure out the discharge current being used.

So 170AH is a load of 8.5 amps for 20 hours, kinda of a useless spec for a Golf Cart.

That is also until the VPC (volts per cell) is down to 1.75v, which hopefully will never happen to your cart.

I would suggest just looking at Minutes @ 56Amp for 8v batteries or Minutes @ 75amp for 6v batteries.

That will give You a better real world spec and then decide if the extra money is worth the additional minutes of run time.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #13
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Trojan T160 Rangers!
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:45 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
Scotty B would you buy the T-875 or the Crown? for $150 cheaper. I just want something That will take us around town. To the sporting clays course . and the three or four weekends at Trucks gone wild events . We don't run much more than 10 miles a day before it is back on the charger. and 10 miles is a lot but want that or more if I need it.
For $150 I'd take the Crown. The ah and the warranty is the same. I used to sell crown when I was in the service end of this business. The Crown batteries served my clients well and I probably have them in 60% of my R&D carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #15
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will price out the Crown CR-190. Thanks Scotty B. On average how far will new Batteries take you before you need to start worrying? I would like to drive it to work every day. That's 6 miles one way, But can charge it all day when I am at work . I am still new to all this and me and electric do not see eye to eye. Thank GOD CTD is just around the corner. You all have been a great help. I need all I can get
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #16
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

unless its super hilly like mountanous hilly you should have no issue driving it back and forth to work...even without charging it at work
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #17
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks that makes me feel a little safer. I just hate for something to go wrong at 3:00am in the morning going to work. The only so called hill would make most People laugh. It might go up 12feet in 100 yards.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #18
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
It might go up 12feet in 100 yards.
thats a good size hill for florida . the best hill in florida is the skyway bridge and thats man made
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:48 AM   #19
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
thats a good size hill for florida . the best hill in florida is the skyway bridge and thats man made
Leheup hill on ft king road between Zephyrhills and Dade City has a big sign at the top. Telling you that it is 225 ft above sea level. The biggest around.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will price out the Crown CR-190. Thanks Scotty B. On average how far will new Batteries take you before you need to start worrying? I would like to drive it to work every day. That's 6 miles one way, But can charge it all day when I am at work . I am still new to all this and me and electric do not see eye to eye. Thank GOD CTD is just around the corner. You all have been a great help. I need all I can get
I have CR-190's in my EZGO. Batteries are 3 years old this month. I have periodically recorded range/state of charge data since new. Cart has street tires and used on pavement only. Weather is similar to yours. Cart has consistently recorded a 15 mile trip using only 15-20% of the available battery capacity. Cart is heavy(back seat etc). This could be with one or two adults on board and cruising speeds of 12-15 mph. Cart will max out at 22 mph.
Based on my experience 190AH batteries are more than sufficient for your proposed use and you would be ok with 170AH batteries.

However, you are proposing a high cyclic rate similar to a golf course. If we assume driving to work 20 days a month and charge the cart once each time that is about 240 charge cycles a year. Based on my experience you might only get about 2 years of service from the batteries because of the high charge cycle count per time period and the hot Fl summers that eat into battery longevity. Having said that I think 3 or possibly 4 years is possible but if I was doing a cost comparison I would probably use the worst case of 2 years.

As always your mileage may vary.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car