lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Wheel sizing help

Hey again,

I really don't want to, or find it necessary in my case, to install any lift on a new Precedent (new to me, 2008 ) that I'm about to get. However, I would like to put an nicer set of wheels on it to enhance the look.

What are y'alls thoughts on 10 and 12 inch wheel/tire packages? I'm unsure if the 12 inch rims and tires will look too large with an unmodified suspension.

When googling or looking at projects, nobody really mentions what tire and rim size they are running...

Also, I have noticed that most packages available have a 3 inch front and 4 inch rear offset. Will these numbers jut the tires out and make it look like a early 90's lowrider? Or is this a typical offset for factory wheels?

Thanks
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wheel sizing help

The factory 8" by 7" wide rims are centered or "3.5 + 3.5".

You can put a 12" rim but it needs a negative offset so it will not rub when turning, the proper offset is (3+4).

Here is a picture of my non-lift precedent with a 215/40-12 tire on ET-10 (equivalent to 3+4).
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac..._215-40-12.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car