lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 club golf cart wire from driver negative post to the motor is getting super hot

1994 club golf cart wire from driver negative post to the motor is getting super hot. Even the motor was hot.. The nut on the post turned dark color from heat and it was a new nut.. Could this just need to be driven a little more to ease the bind on the motor? It was locked up when I unloaded it off the trailer but freed itself up by rocking it back and forth.. Want to make sure I don't cook my new batteries...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (206.0 KB, 0 views)
texas6023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 club golf cart wire from driver negative post to the motor is getting super

I think you have a motor bearing dragging or something inside and it is pulling higher amperage as that is too hot for just normal use.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 club golf cart wire from driver negative post to the motor is getting super

Locked up when you unloaded it off the trailer? Please explain.

And, those batteries ain't brand new.

Explain more so we can help.

And... can't tell from the photo, what is that red wire going to?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Batteries ain't brand new? A month or two is new to me... When I bought them they were brand new.

Locked up as in rear wheels didn't roll. We're dragging.

Seems this could have been a loose battery connection. Will fully test tomorrow
Old 08-03-2017, 01:00 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

A month or two is new to me too. Can't tell from your original post what is going on.
Thought you just bought it and were unloading it for the first time with NEW batteries.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:09 AM   #6
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Ahhh. I see. My mistake. Batteries I bought a month or two ago for my other cart. Purchased a golf cart without batteries and unloaded the cart off the trailer. Are battery name brand really that big of a deal? I mean I went with u.s. Batteries but see some advertised apex brand that claims it's just as good as name brands?
Old 08-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas6023 View Post
Ahhh. I see. My mistake. Batteries I bought a month or two ago for my other cart. Purchased a golf cart without batteries and unloaded the cart off the trailer. Are battery name brand really that big of a deal? I mean I went with u.s. Batteries but see some advertised apex brand that claims it's just as good as name brands?
US batteries are excellent. As it Trojan and Crown from what others are saying. I try to stay away from no name batteries as I know a thing or two about their construction and most often cheap price means cheap plates, membrane, etc.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #8
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Brake drag??

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car