lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring my light kit...ground wire?

I have a 2010 Precedent and I have a question regarding the light kit. The bucket harness wants me to utilize the ground wire that comes from under the OBC. However, that wire is connected, via ring terminal, to the neg post of the last battery. Is there any reason that needs to be done? I disconnected that wire from the battery and it seems to run fine. The electrical diagrams I have found here don't show a second wire coming off of that battery post.

Thanks.
shealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring my light kit...ground wire?

No 10-12ga wire with butt connector lurking around? It comes from the controller negative terminal under OBC.

This is how the negative wiring harness behind the OBC looks. That big ring terminal connects to the controller.
OBC.jpg
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
shealey
Not Yet Wild

This is what I see (sorry, getting dark here) That ring terminal you see had been attached to the negative terminal right next to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring.jpg (245.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'd say that is it but I can't tell from the picture. Only way to be sure is to put the cart in TOW, remove the pack negative (for safety) and open up the "hood". It is only one screw, right there at the top of the photo.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
crash test dummy

you should hook light ground to the b- of controller so OBC can read how much volts are used and replace on the charge cycle
Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Will do. But am I correct to say that there is no reason for that to have been connected to that negative battery post? That disconnected red ring terminal is butt-joined to a black wire coming out from under the panel. Don't know why that would have been done.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If that 10 ga black wire with the yellow butt connector goes to Controller B- then it is causing problems with your charging system.

Make sure the OBC gets reset by disconnecting the pack power for more than 10 minutes after your are done with the wiring.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
crash test dummy

to be honest it looks aftermarket .. so i'm guessing someone put it there before you got the cart
Old 08-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #9
shealey
Not Yet Wild

In the attached photo, the blue arrow is pointing to the butt connector. This should be the ground connector that I need for the light kit? (I believe but need confirmed). The white arrow shows where this was connected prior to me disconnecting 20 mins ago. Cart ran fine with it connected and disconnected.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Am I missing the photo....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car