lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Wiring my light kit...ground wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Am I missing the photo....
yep .... click your heels together and say "we can beat bama"

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
yep .... click your heels together and say "we can beat bama"

Amen Brotha!

Right now I am pulling my Boy's up from Arizona...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #13
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Here we go....thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inkedwiring 1_LI.jpg (93.9 KB, 0 views)
shealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If that 10ga Black wire with the Yellow female bullet connector goes into the main harness loom, then it is the correct wire to connect your bucket harness negative wire.

It also means that short wire that was previously connected there and going to the pack negative battery post was causing a charging system issue.

The OBC measures the amount of energy being used and replaces it during the next charging cycle.

The OBC measures the current used where the pack negative cable goes trough the OBC.

The connection that was in place would affect that measurement as it created a shunt around the OBC (battery directly to Controller B-).

You should reset the OBC, by disconnecting the pack negative cable for more than 10 minutes, in order to allow the OBC to recalculate the capacity/status of your battery pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio! One more silly question...disconnecting "pack negative" means just the last negative connection? That's the only connection needed to disconnect in order to reset the OBC?

Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealey View Post
Thanks Sergio! One more silly question...disconnecting "pack negative" means just the last negative connection? That's the only connection needed to disconnect in order to reset the OBC?

Thanks again.
yep ... for 10 min
Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #17
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Is this picture enough to determine that the black wire is the necessary ground, or do I need to trace it all the way back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring2.jpg (283.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #18
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Making the assumptions that this is an otherwise stock 2010 Precedent, I'd say that is the wire. Still so not understand why it was connected that way. Makes no sense unless it was done in response to some problem with the OBC. Come to think of it, even that does not make a lot of sense.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #19
shealey
Not Yet Wild

Other than a cargo box, seems stock to me. I was starting to think that maybe it was done due to a problem with the OBC...glad you don't think that's the case.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #20
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealey View Post
Other than a cargo box, seems stock to me. I was starting to think that maybe it was done due to a problem with the OBC...glad you don't think that's the case.
It still might be an OBC problem but I can't figure out how this would help solve it. The OBC tells the charger how much juice the batteries need. If the OBC is bypassed in this way, the OBC will think they need less and the charger will not run long enough to recharge. Maybe the other guys with much more experience will be able to think of why.

If it is bad, they are easy to replace. However, I'd be more inclined to just remove it and spend the money on a DPI Accusense instead.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car