lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
bluezgo89
Not Yet Wild

Default Is my clutch machined

5FA5D54E-3804-43D6-AA3F-AAA13D82ADB5.jpg

I will remove at a later date to examine but I was looking at 91 Club Car DS and it looks like the belt is riding high in the driven clutch already. About 1/16 to 1/8 inch above the edge at times Does anyone have any other input?

Thanks
bluezgo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Is my clutch machined

Not sure but heres mine, stock
belt is just below clutch ends
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default Re: Is my clutch machined

The new OEM Club Car belt on my '06 Turf1 rides at just about the same height as yours, somewhere between 1/16-1/8 inch above the sheaves.
I just got the cart 2nd hand from a Municipality which initially would lead me to think it is unmodified, but, the carryall was used exclusive in an above ground parking garage so -maybe- the driven clutch could have been modified? so that the cart could reliably negotiate those ramps in the garage?
I have operated it barely more than a couple of hours since I brought it home in early February, but it certainly has a nice low-end torque, it climbs the hills of my lawns & grounds (some are pretty steep) without need of rolling start.
I bought an Erlandson Clutch recalibration kit for it because of the hilly terrain & full bed loads I plan on using it for, but found that I can't get the driven clutch off to inspect and install the high torque spring.
Several hours on it's side heating the clutch center and feeding the shaft area penetrating oil still hasn't got it to budge yet though.
I'm going to be patient, take my time, and expect that I'll be able to salvage the driven clutch.
I've seen too many horror stories here about guys wrecking the original driven clutch to get antsy and destroy the several hundred dollar Club Car component.
I certainly don't want to have to resort to one of those cheapy steel sheaved replacements because the Club Car clutch ended up ruined.
I've thought up a better idea to get it apart, but it will require removing the transaxle from the frame to set it up and I'm in no big hurry to do that right now.
It seems to be getting along just fine for now, so I'll just keep a close eye and see if it works loose on the shaft for the time being.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car