lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Mawoodbury
Not Yet Wild

Default 81 ec25 2pg No spark

I just bought this cart. When I first got it, it didn’t run well. Sluggish. Reverse worked a lot better. I changed the battery, cleaned the spark plug, and washed it. Now I have no spark. I did find that when I changed the battery I hooked it up like normal. Red +, black -. Well come to find out the black cable was ran as + and the red -. The red was connected to the frame. I done the hei convention. I did not change the one with the spark plug wire on it. What one should I get? Also I think my problem is the pulsar coil. I ohmed it out and got 77 ohms. When cranking I do not get any voltage. I think I should see 3-4vdc? Is there a good cheaper option to replace this? I am only finding them on line for around $90 shipped.
Mawoodbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 81 ec25 2pg No spark

You are looking for AC voltage on the pulsar, and they almost never go bad.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #3
Mawoodbury
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 81 ec25 2pg No spark

Ok. I seen that some where. Thought it was a typo. I checked a.c. too. Still nothing.
Mawoodbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pulsar coil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO