lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: advice on rebuilding 2006 TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
I've thought about running that one but I've had to design custom brackets and mounts, so that my cart lays frame so I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to adapt. Hopefully, I'll run into someone that has one that I can look at.
If the cart is stock and just has the engine removed, it should come with all of the brackets, motor cradle, etc to just bolt it right in and go. Most of what you're paying for with their kits is the engineering and design that goes into producing their mounts and cradles to make it an easy bolt-in installation. I believe you discard the factory front and rear engine mounts that the stock motor bolts to, and replace it with their supplied cradle.

Depending on the condition of the cart, if it's in the ~$500 range, you'd be into it for around $2200-2300 with the big block kit. I'd say that's worth it. Around here you can't touch a stock gas golf cart for under $2k in rough condition if it just runs and drives... A nicer one with stock motor and a lift kit you can't touch for under $3k so you could be in pretty good shape with a beast of an engine if you can get a good deal on the cart, even if they keep the old engine for parts.

If it's more than $500 with a blown up engine it would have to be in REAL nice condition. I'd offer them $200 and see what they say :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #12
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If the cart is stock and just has the engine removed, it should come with all of the brackets, motor cradle, etc to just bolt it right in and go. Most of what you're paying for with their kits is the engineering and design that goes into producing their mounts and cradles to make it an easy bolt-in installation. I believe you discard the factory front and rear engine mounts that the stock motor bolts to, and replace it with their supplied cradle.
The only thing stock about my cart is the engine and the rear end. I've designed and fabricated everything else including the engine mounts, which is why I'm not sure how this will work. I've looked at the pictures in the installation manual but I'd need some hands on with the engine and mounts to see if I could make it work for my application. Not sure I want to pull the trigger on buying it to find out it won't work.

Sorry for hijacking the discussion.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #13
sprockket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

They want 400.00 without engine. I can't get back to them til next week. But I'm going to try to get it for 300 if I can. Thanks for the advice. At least there are options.
sprockket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sorry I wasnt paying attention and didnt realize Gotti was not the original poster lol

$400 seems like a good deal. Even better st $300. You could be into a nicely powered rig for around $2k and have plenty of.room for upgrades! Around here a stock gas txt goes for $2k in rough shape. More if it's nice. I sold a stock motored txt for $3k and it sold in about 2 or 3 days. it was nice, but not really.anything super special.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:56 PM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Sorry I wasnt paying attention and didnt realize Gotti was not the original poster lol

$400 seems like a good deal. Even better st $300. You could be into a nicely powered rig for around $2k and have plenty of.room for upgrades! Around here a stock gas txt goes for $2k in rough shape. More if it's nice. I sold a stock motored txt for $3k and it sold in about 2 or 3 days. it was nice, but not really.anything super special.
You sleep good at night
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #16
sprockket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

haha! If I can talk them down a 100 in an hour......its like making a $100 an hour!! Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #17
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockket View Post
haha! If I can talk them down a 100 in an hour......its like making a $100 an hour!! Thanks
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You sleep good at night
lol yes i do :) Others like it without the lift kit, tires, paint, flip seat, etc. sell for more. I was just done with it and ready to move on to a different project. Once they work and there's nothing left to fix I lose interest pretty quickly
Old 06-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #19
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

If $400 is not going to break you and you have the room to store this cart then pull the trigger and buy the thing. You keep waiting and someone will beat you to it. I would first offer $300 though but I try and low ball everything. Sometimes it actually costs me though.
If you buy it and be patient then I can bet you an engine will show up sooner or later, maybe even here
I know I would.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #20
sprockket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I have room to put it in. I am away but will be back first of the week. I think I will buy and wait for a bit and see what Parts show up. I have an electric cart so I have nothing but time ! Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO