lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
bng43
Not Yet Wild

Default Hesitation when gas pedal is fully depressed

Hi. I have an older 2002 Club Car DS gas cart. After driving for about a mile, when I have the pedal fully down, the cart will hesitate as if I'm taking my foot off of the gas, then kicks back in. It then continues to do this every 15 seconds or so. Any ideas on what this could be? Could it be MCOR?

Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I also noticed recently that when I flip to reverse, and hit the gas nothing happens. If I flip back to neutral, and then back to reverse, it then goes. Not as concerning but if it could be related thought I'd put it out there. Thanks for any help.
bng43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Hesitation when gas pedal is fully depressed

First thing is first... I have to ask because you mentioned MCOR. Is your cart gas or electric? Gas does not have a MCOR and I would say you're bouncing off the rev limiter. If you have an electric cart it's a totally different story
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My '07 Carryall does something similar. If you can, open your driver's seat and switch the safety switch from Run to Maintenance. Then with the key on and the shifter in neutral press on the gas pedal and watch the throttle linkage at the carb. It should fluctuate ever so slightly, this is due to the spring at the governor stretching and contracting. It typically runs at WOT for about 30 seconds from a stop then starts pulsing a bit, its noticeable but not terribly so.
Tyler_Veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:04 PM   #4
bng43
Not Yet Wild

This is a gas cart, not electric. I only read something similar regarding an MCOR in another thread, so my bad on that question. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Is this when you're traveling at full speed? If so sounds like you're hitting the rev limiter. Is there a zip tie on your governor spring to speed it up? How fast does the cart go? Is it stock or does it have any modifications?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:08 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Aa for the reverse problem, sounds like the microswitch on the back of the shifter might be sticking.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
bng43
Not Yet Wild

It is when traveling at full speed with the pedal all the way down. The cart was modified to be street legal, so there is a zip tie (or something similar) to get it to 25 mph. So if it is the rev limiter, I guess that it's doing what it's supposed to and I just deal with the annoyance of it hesitating constantly? Would the other option be to adjust the governor, making it slower, so it doesn't hit the rev limiter?
Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Loosen the zip tie slightly until you find the "happy point" where you can get as much speed as you can without hitting the rev limiter. You'll probably go through a lot of zip ties but it's the only way
Old 10-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #9
bng43
Not Yet Wild

I will try that this weekend. Thank you.

Tags
hesitation, jerky
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car