lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
cak
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 RXV slow uphill, bad batteries?

Just completed a build on a 2013 RXV with 2016 US Batteries. I have freedom mode and the cart is very slow up hill, fast downhill. I suspect the batteries are to blame but want to check here. Voltage for the pack is 51.5 fully charged. I hooked up a volt meter to do a load check while driving and the total voltage dropped to 35. Back to 51.5 at a stop. Ran the same test on another cart that runs fine and the drop only went down to 44 uphill and stayed at about 50 on flat road. Mine is at 35 under any load. Time for a new battery pack?
cak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2020, 11:52 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 RXV slow uphill, bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak View Post
Just completed a build on a 2013 RXV with 2016 US Batteries. I have freedom mode and the cart is very slow up hill, fast downhill. I suspect the batteries are to blame but want to check here. Voltage for the pack is 51.5 fully charged. I hooked up a volt meter to do a load check while driving and the total voltage dropped to 35. Back to 51.5 at a stop. Ran the same test on another cart that runs fine and the drop only went down to 44 uphill and stayed at about 50 on flat road. Mine is at 35 under any load. Time for a new battery pack?
Probably time for new Batteries. However, one thing to check first. Do you have lights or accessories hooked to a single battery? If so, you probably should do an individual charge on that one battery (and get a 48v to 12v converter).

Check and post the voltages on the individual batteries. You may also want to check individual batteries voltage when going up hill.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
cak
Not Yet Wild

I have a voltage reducer and all accessories run off of that. Going to check each cell with a hydrometer next. With the age of the batteries I’m probably just going to replace the pack. Wanted to make sure it wasn’t another component before I dropped money on the batteries.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Batteries are horrible & I'm surprised the rxv even allowed you to make it up that hill. Dont waste any more time chasing problems that dont exist, and surely dont spend any money on this except "new battery money".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #5
cak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Batteries are horrible & I'm surprised the rxv even allowed you to make it up that hill. Dont waste any more time chasing problems that dont exist, and surely dont spend any money on this except "new battery money".
Thanks, new batteries on the way!
Old 04-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Look into getting some 2awg cables also unless you already have some.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do not get cables with this style end, the worst! The cable stands are compressed all the up to the end &they dont keep terminal nut torque over time, will eventually result in a melted battery terminal.

Trust me, I seen it way too many times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180724_002010.jpg (12.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #8
cak
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I did get a nice set of cables from a local dealer. Hopefully a fresh pack is all I need. I’ll find out soon, thanks for the tips👍
Old 04-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #9
cak
Not Yet Wild

Update, put 4 new Crown batteries in and it runs like a champ👍

Tags
batteries, battery, battery load test, rxv, uphill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO