lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Early 80’s Marathon Brake cable photos or diagram??

81 marathon. Having issues figure if out my brake setup. I press the brake pedal and it feels as if the cables are seized inside of the sleeves, but they are new and move fluidly when not connected. My brake set up does not have the auto adjuster. Brakes have always been bad so I decided to put new shoes on thinking that would solve the problem. I’m only more confused now.

I know everything is a bit rusty, but wondering why I don’t get any movement after shoes, hubs and wheels are installed. I’d also love to know more about how this sliding brake lever setup works??

Hoping someone else can post photos of their cable setup. Mine doesn’t look right. Searched everywhere for a diagram of early 80s brake spring/cable/lever setup. No luck. Anyone have photos of their setup?
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
Carry-All
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Early 80’s Marathon Brake cable photos or diagram??

Did you ever get any information? I have a 06 Carry all and cannot get the brakes to work at all.............have the same questions you did
Carry-All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Early 80’s Marathon Brake cable photos or diagram??

Nothing yet. Just needing someone with early 80s cart to post a shot of their linkage setup. Mine looks homemade, but not certain.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO