lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
bkdesign
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart lean after new tires and HD leaf springs

I have a 1996 gas ezgo. I recently installed new 215/40-12 tires and wheels on cart. I measured height of body to ground on each side and confirmed cart was level. After taking measurements, I went ahead and installed new HD leaf springs and bushings on rear of cart. After measuring to see how much cart was lifted due to worn springs I noticed that drivers side was about 1/2” lower than passengers side. Anyone have any idea why. Thanks
bkdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart lean after new tires and HD leaf springs

Silly, but might double check tire pressure. HD Springs may need to settle. Shocks may be worn. 1/2 inch is pretty big difference. I'd say its shocks or something with the hd springs.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those bushings may be a little too snug on one side, which is adding extra tension and not allowing it to settle. I put new bushings on a mustang recently and had to drive it for a week or so to get things to stop squeaking and smooth out. Can you feel more tension on the driver side vs passenger when standing on the cart (or bouncing)?
Old 04-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
bkdesign
Not Yet Wild

I’ll have to look into that a bit more. I do know that tire pressure is same. Maybe a dumb question but is it possible I installed leaf springs backwards or is it universal. Thanks
bkdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #5
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure on your application. But to check, measure from center pin on the leaf spring to the center of the front mounting hole on the end of the spring. Repeat for the rear portion of the spring. Then perform same measurements on the opposite side of cart. That should give you your answer. Let us know what you find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO