lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2020, 11:43 PM   #1
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Default Admiral B2 vs B4

First post here. I used to be on forums with another vehicle, so please note, I did my best at searching for the answer. I’ve got a 2008 TXT PDS with a lift and large tire and standard motor/controller with 2 year old batteries. Eventually, I will convert it to 48v. What I’m struggling with is which motor to go with. B2 and run it at 36v until the batteries die, or just convert now and go with the B4. Is the B4 really that much better for only $60 more, or is it not worth the $60? I have a buddy that is going to help me with the install, but a local repair/builder here is telling me to go with the FSIP torque motor and Curtis 1268-5502 controller. Based on everything I’ve read here, everything in my gut is saying go with Scotty B and one of the Admirals and the ATX 500 controller but I’ve got no clue which motor. The reason I need a torque motor is I live in a hilly subdivision and to get to The front of it, I have to go up a hill that is at least 33% grade. The cart flies on flat ground, but goes to about 2mph up the hill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
B_Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral B2 vs B4

for starters.….I would go with one of Scotty's set-ups. you truly can not go wrong. as far as the motor goes, considering what you described about your terrain, for me its a no brainer, you get about a 30% increase (4 hp) between the B2 and B4. and for $60....well if you don't have the power and need it (B2), you are just screwed, where as if you have it (B4) but don't need it all the time, you're fine.

GO WITH THE B4
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #3
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
for starters.….I would go with one of Scotty's set-ups. you truly can not go wrong. as far as the motor goes, considering what you described about your terrain, for me its a no brainer, you get about a 30% increase (4 hp) between the B2 and B4. and for $60....well if you don't have the power and need it (B2), you are just screwed, where as if you have it (B4) but don't need it all the time, you're fine.

GO WITH THE B4
That is pretty much what I was thinking. I just want to make sure I can still go fast on flat ground. Seems like the B4 is a good option to be able to do both.
B_Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Mo View Post
That is pretty much what I was thinking. I just want to make sure I can still go fast on flat ground. Seems like the B4 is a good option to be able to do both.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Neither go with an EMP motor.
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO