lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
TrakDay
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘17 EZGO TXT Speed Help.

I recently bought a 2017 TXT 48v cart with Lift, 14” wheels, 23” tires. I purchased this cart with the intentions of pushing my race car around the drag strip as well as cruising the neighborhood with my kids.

Supposedly the cart has been upgraded with the speed code, but it only runs 16mph!?

First off... isn’t that basically the speed of a stock cart with larger tires? 16mph...

If we don’t have the speed code and we add it, how fast will the cart go?

Would we better served to just upgrade the controller now to say a 600amp as opposed to modifying the factory controller? I have seen the Navitas controllers and I like that you can adjust the speed vs torque. This would make it very usable at the race track pushing my race car with higher torque and changing the setting to get more speed when cruising the neighborhood.

I’d love some suggestions. Anything around 23-25mph would satisfy me.

What are my best options to achieve this?
TrakDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ‘17 EZGO TXT Speed Help.

Freedom mode on that cart with stock 18” tires will run just under 20. With 23s obviously a little faster. Now that said the controller isn’t really made for what you are wanting to do. An Alltrax 400 and solenoid would be a good upgrade. An AC route would be even better but more cash
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #3
TrakDay
Not Yet Wild

I’m thinking upgrade the controller now and possibly the motor later. But how do I know which controller I need for my cart? Series vs regen? Links would be great, but any help is appreciated.
TrakDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

2017 is a 48txt with a sepex system. If you go with an Alltrax xct400 and solenoid your stock motor should be fine. As for links here is a good place to start. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Old 04-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
mafialink
Getting Wild

Without getting an Alltrax 400 and solenoid are there speed codes or "chip" that can be installed in order to get the cart to go faster then 16mph?

I just picked up a 17 ezgo txt with lithium batteries.
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:07 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafialink View Post
Without getting an Alltrax 400 and solenoid are there speed codes or "chip" that can be installed in order to get the cart to go faster then 16mph?

I just picked up a 17 ezgo txt with lithium batteries.
Not sure if you can put an Alltrax in that cart because of the battery pack..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO