lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 12:22 AM   #1
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 EZGO RXV Experts

Have a 2009 EZGO RXV. Motor brake began to lock up intermittently so I replaced. New one has acted the same. Replaced Solenoid and key switch. Still same issues. Checked battery’s with volt meter all read 12.9 volts individually and 51.3 total volts. Removed rocker panels and floor mat to access brake pedal switch and accelerator switch. Dirt and grass build up found but cleaned out. All wires and connections appear to be in good condition. Any suggestions on what else I might could check before I head off to a dealer? Starting today motor brake is now locking up and staying locked up until switched to tow. Had to be pushed off golf course by playing partner today. Thanks in advance for any help
Rdangeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 04:54 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV Experts

You need the Danaher RXV Troubleshooting Guide do a search and download it. You are going to need a DVM to do a lot of these checks.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you replace it with a factory EZGO brake?
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:31 AM   #4
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Did you replace it with a factory EZGO brake?
No I did not. But approximately 4 years ago when I replaced motor brake I had purchased two. So I used that one.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

I will see what I can come up with. Thanks. I will do all I can do without handheld
Old 05-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdangeau View Post
No I did not. But approximately 4 years ago when I replaced motor brake I had purchased two. So I used that one.
The aftermarket HD motor brakes will damage the controller because they draw more current than the controllers motor brake output can deliver on a continuous basis. It has to supply that current to hold the motor brake disengaged the entire time the cart is being driven. It may be too late if you have already been using one for that long. No amount of troubleshooting will repair that damage. It'll require a replacement controller. We have been warning about those aftermarket motor brakes for a long time.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #7
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The aftermarket HD motor brakes will damage the controller because they draw more current than the controllers motor brake output can deliver on a continuous basis. It has to supply that current to hold the motor brake disengaged the entire time the cart is being driven. It may be too late if you have already been using one for that long. No amount of troubleshooting will repair that damage. It'll require a replacement controller. We have been warning about those aftermarket motor brakes for a long time.
Just looked it up and I actually did purchase the oem brake from golf cart king. So I didn’t screw the pooch on that part. Did all of troubleshooting I could do without handheld. Couldn’t find any issues. I decided to just load it up and take to ezgo dealer tomorrow. . Which am very reluctant to do because it’s about a 1 and 1/2 hour drive and won’t be able to return to pick it up until next Saturday at the earliest. (Not being able to play golf during this time frame). When I went to load on trailer of course the brake laws locked up and would just barely crawl. So put it in tow to push on trailer. Brake worked and would release while in tow. Got it on trailer where I wanted it. Flipped it back to run and hit gas pedal just for fun. And guess what it started working correctly again forward and reverse. Still left it on trailer to take for repair tomorrow. Drove 20 min home and went to unload cart and brake locked up yet one again. Driving me crazy at the very least
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Took to ezgo dealer this morning. Said they would give me a call Monday after they trouble shoot cart. What should I expect?
Old 05-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A phone call on monday?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #10
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Obviously
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO