lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Identifying Shuttle Year

I have an ezgo shuttle (it said shuttle on the side before i removed the decal) that I have no other information on and I am trying to figure out exactly what I have.

It looks like any other cart except it has a back seat (rear facing) and a roof a mile long.

I checked the passenger glove box but there was no label there.

Are there any known issues with this model cart?

Are parts interchangeable between this and other models?

Its a 36v model if that helps

Thanks
SlickWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help Identifying Shuttle Year

did the decal say "shuttle 2+2"? Is there a tag riveted in the drivers side cubbie and if so what does it say? Does it look similar to this cart especially the back seat hip restraints and rear step bumper?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB020002 4.24.03 PM.JPG (507.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If no tag in the glove box, look on the rail above the batteries for a sticker with a date code. If nothing there, where is the fnr shifter and how many bolts hold the steering column to the floor?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #4
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
did the decal say "shuttle 2+2"? Is there a tag riveted in the drivers side cubbie and if so what does it say? Does it look similar to this cart especially the back seat hip restraints and rear step bumper?
Yes it looks exactly like that cart. Well maybe not as clean but same configuration This is my first cart and I want to go through it and make sure everything is in good shape. The batteries are from Feb '18 so i should be good on that for awhile, but I suspect the rear suspension needs some work(sags heavily when sitting in the back, will make a post on that soon)

BTW, what size wheels/tires are on your cart? Looks really nice.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #5
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If no tag in the glove box, look on the rail above the batteries for a sticker with a date code. If nothing there, where is the fnr shifter and how many bolts hold the steering column to the floor?
Bingo!

Model s2+2e
Date Code H1907

So i'm guessing that makes it an '07?

Is there anything different about this model other than the rear seat or does it take the same parts as other '07 ezgo carts?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

These carts are factory built 4 pax carts. Not conversions like you typically see on carts with a rear seat. The back seat is just a reverse of the front seat and way more comfortable than the typical conversions. Also it flips over backwards revealing an enclosed bag well in case you haven't figured that out yet.
Because these carts started life as a 4 pax cart they never saw fleet duty, as in golf course duty. Possible some of them were used commercially at auto dealers and such but generally these carts started life with private owners. Likely they have been treated better through out their life.
Early years had bigger motors and controllers than standard fleet carts. Later years likely not as they went to the PDS (sepex) drive system along with the rest of the carts. Is you direction switch on the dash?
Parts are the same as the fleet carts except for the rear seat and foot rest.

Mine (pictured) on the other post is a 2000 model and I'm the original owner.
Wheels are 10" Tires are 205/50-10

All these started as 36v carts. I've converted mine to 48v.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #7
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
These carts are factory built 4 pax carts. Not conversions like you typically see on carts with a rear seat. The back seat is just a reverse of the front seat and way more comfortable than the typical conversions. Also it flips over backwards revealing an enclosed bag well in case you haven't figured that out yet.
Because these carts started life as a 4 pax cart they never saw fleet duty, as in golf course duty. Possible some of them were used commercially at auto dealers and such but generally these carts started life with private owners. Likely they have been treated better through out their life.
Good to know. Mine had "Engineering Dept" decals on a couple places so who knows

Quote:
Early years had bigger motors and controllers than standard fleet carts. Later years likely not as they went to the PDS (sepex) drive system along with the rest of the carts. Is you direction switch on the dash?
My switch is near the charging port so I believe it is series. Is fleet the same as TXT?

Quote:
Mine (pictured) on the other post is a 2000 model and I'm the original owner.
Wheels are 10" Tires are 205/50-10

All these started as 36v carts. I've converted mine to 48v.
Awesome! I didn't even know you could convert these to 48v. Once i found this forum I realized there is much more to these buggies than I ever knew!
Old 05-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

TXT is the model (body). Still in production although the bodies have changed a little bit. Fleet just means the regular carts configured for golf when leaving the factory. The vast majority start life in golf configuration and go directly to a golf course somewhere.

If your directional switch is by your right knee and not on the dash then yours is a series cart. Post picture of battery compartment so we can see the controller. It is mounted on the passenger side. Did you see a tag riveted in the drivers side cubby? If it's there it might give info on the motor that was installed during assembly.

FWIW series cart production stopped in 2008 or possibly early 2009. All carts after this are sepex. Carts in the 2000 to 2008/9 could be either series or sepex. Sepex carts have a switch on the dash for direction control and a run/tow switch on the controller. All TXTs are 48v starting in mid 2010 or there abouts.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #9
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how
Old 05-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #10
SlickWithIt
Not Yet Wild

This is the only label I have been able to find:

5134E1B9-C7FB-4123-B20B-F61291CEB1F7.jpeg

I’m guessing this is the controller? What is the smaller component tucked behind the larger one?

D7A8C95E-1BE3-4112-8148-60F49CD18060.jpeg

Another view

3794FF09-781B-4F45-8872-9AC71A3A5135.jpeg

Is this the FNR selector?

F99526F2-E974-4B01-9871-87F4AAFC4B44.jpeg

As you can tell this is all new to me

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO