lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO 36 V battery questions

Hey all, it’s been awhile. I guess that’s a good thing. Anyway just looking for confirmation on a battery and Solenoid issue. First I will start with the diode on the Solenoid. What side does the silver line go to the battery (Right Side Big terminal) Also it’s a 36 Volt cart 2001. The cart would not run but after hearing the Solenoid click there was a shudder at the motor but would not move. After jacking the cart up off the floor the tires would spin but not fast as normal. charging and testing all batteries individually I am getting about 6.3 volts each. However one battery failed the load test saying replace. So my question is if I replace this one battery should it run normal? I know one should always replace all batteries at the same time. Any information will help.
Thanks
Johnv 410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZGO 36 V battery questions

Are you talking about the silver stripe on the diode? If so, that goes towards the positive activation coil wire.

Sounds like your batteries are in need of replacing. How old are they?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. The batteries are 5 yrs old so they are about done. All but 1 battery is holding 6.2 volts and the 1 battery is about 5.8V but when load testing them the 1drops down to replace. I just came in from playing with it and noticed something else that don’t seem right. I am able to push the cart in forward and reverse. Hmmmm should that be possible? Like I said, on the floor the you will hear the motor shudder as it tries to move. Jacking it up the tires will spin but not to terrible fast. And information is appreciated.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

I’m thinking once the batteries are replaced it should run as it should. But rolling in gear is a concern.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Rolling in gear is totally normal. These carts just have a rear differential, it's not like a transmission that physically shifts into gear. The electric FNR lever just tells the motor which way to spin.

New batteries will get you going again.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:30 PM   #6
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Jakesnake. One less thing to be concerned about. I will put a new set of batteries in it this week. Thanks again for your insight. Much appreciated.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Sure, anytime
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO