lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2020, 03:22 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire and suspension help 1995 medalist

14 inch wheels are pretty much a no no, as Stovebolt says. you will have very little sidewall on your tyres and personally i prefer to go with 8 inch rims with 22 inch tyres for maximum comfort. Rear suspension, you could go with coilovers but again, as it a solid rear end, i prefer to use graduated leaf springs and quality shocks. this way you get a comfy ride with one or two passengers and when you load up with gear or passengers on the rear, the graduated leafs take up the slack and give a closer to normal ride. My personal opinion is that coil overs give a rougher ride. why would you want a combination of leaf and coilovers? thats two sets of springs basically fighting each other LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2020, 05:15 AM   #12
Skipper2019
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tire and suspension help 1995 medalist

Clueless on the best route, that's why I was asking. I figure the old leaf springs need to be upgraded so I figured heavier due to carrying more weight on back then it was designed for. The shock studs are bent so I figured a better shock would be required. Which leaf springs should I buy and which shocks and from where? I appreciate everyone's help and knowledge. My daughter loves the golf cart it's just ugly and I want to give it what it needs to work good for her. She is only 7 so not picky. She will be giving everyone in the neighborhood rides and just want it to work.
Skipper2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO