lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
dhb60
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoid kicks in then out as I press more on the pedal

when I barely press the pedal you can hear the solenoid kick in but as I press more the solenoid kicks back out. This happens in forward as well as reverse...up on blocks it'll turn the wheels in both directions but kicks out as described. Fully charged, 2007 EZGO PDS TXT 36V
dhb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: solenoid kicks in then out as I press more on the pedal

Bad battery, or batteries. It can spin the wheels when there is no load, but when asked to actually move the cart, the battery pack voltage drops too low to get the job done.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
dhb60
Not Yet Wild

odd: When I check each individual battery I get 6.4 v ...they are 18 months old.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm willing to bet that 6.4 reading isnt while your driving the cart down the road. That's the reading that matters. What a battery acts like when it's not being asked to do any work isnt nearly as important as how it acts when asked to do work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
dhb60
Not Yet Wild

You were so right:
So what was the resolution: I called the distributor that sold me the cart less than 2 years ago: the service tech got on the phone and was very helpful. I thought diagnostic mode was only available sitting still...he explained it stays in that mode till you switch from RUN to TOW and back... Once I knew that I put it in DIAG mode and then pressed the pedal and received code 2-1 (low Batt volt) which is curious because I was referencing 36V. He further explained how to check each battery: put cart in Forward, hold the brake while pressing the pedal and check each battery independently: voltage should not drop drastically. All of my batteries stayed at 6V ...except for one...which dipped to 0. Not wanting to buy 6 batteries right now I purchased just 1 and put it in the cart: cart now runs as it should.... next month I will buy the remaining 5 (buying one battery puts undesirable stress on that new battery).

I do appreciate everyone who put their 2 cents in !!!

Tags
solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO