lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2020, 10:28 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 400A Alltrax Controller setting changes for Allied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider97 View Post
Allied agreed with Sergio's recommended settings for motor vs. battery max. I made the changes which resulted in torque increase and better response. Speed is still there and very happy now.
The Altrax Controller has some nice functions that help with Lithium batteries.

Also make sure You set Your "Under Voltage" and "Over Voltage" settings to match your battery.

The "Under Voltage" setting should be a little higher than the lowest voltage you want for the pack.

The "Over Voltage" setting should be a little lower than the highest voltage you want for the pack.

The controller will then automatically reduce the discharge current or Regen current to keep the battery from getting outside the specified settings.

It is particularly useful when the pack gets a little low as it creates an automatically "limp mode" instead of having the battery shutdown if you press the accelerator hard.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #12
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Probably a dumb question...but what is the desired highest and lowest voltage? Ex: I have a 48 v cart with 80ah Allied Lithium batteries. (4 x 12v).
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to find out from Allied what is the minimum and the maximum voltage their batteries can handle.

Just multiple that number by 4 (4x12v batteries) to come up with those numbers.

For my 14 cell Leaf pack, I use 3.2v for minimum and 4.19v for maximum so I have mine set to:
Under Voltage=45v
Over Voltage=58.5v

The controller will automatically reduce the current during Regen to keep my pack under the "Over Voltage" and reduce the discharge voltage to prevent the pack from getting below the "Under Voltage".

If someone gets those numbers from Allied please post an update so other members can use for reference.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:57 PM   #14
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Heard back from Allied...they've been great with all my questions.

the absolute Max is 14.6V
Absolute min is 10.4V
Old 11-13-2020, 06:56 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlPack View Post
Heard back from Allied...they've been great with all my questions.

the absolute Max is 14.6V
Absolute min is 10.4V
For those 4 x 12v Allied batteries (LiFePO4) use:
Under Voltage=44v

Over Voltage=58.0v
Old 02-19-2021, 11:52 AM   #16
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You had a bank charger, meaning a dedicated 12v charging port for each battery, then charging them in series would not be a problem.

Since the only means of protection (LV or HV) for those integrated packs is stopping the current flow, charging them in Series will stop if any single battery gets charged before the others.

As far as limiting the current, the Armature current has no direct impact on the battery current.

The battery current should be limited based on the battery discharge rate/time limitations.

The Armature should be limited based on the motor capability.

You can set your battery max current to 165A and the Armature max current to 400amps.

Your motor will still get the 400 amps it needs for a good torque during take off while not using more than 165 amps form the battery.

The reason for that is that at low speed the motor is not getting the full battery power, the PWM effect regulates the power so input = 165A x 50v while output = 350A x 24v.
Can this be done with the Navitas 440a DC controller with the OTF package? I'm trying to determine if I want that with my Allied 80ah setup. Would it be worth it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car