lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
bp2500hd
Not Yet Wild

Default RoyPow 160AH in Club Car DS Build

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a stretched Club Car DS. I am hoping to build some type of framing in the battery compartment to hold a RoyPow 160ah.

Before I purchase a pack I was wondering if anybody had one that could give me some accurate measurements.

The measurements I am concerned with is the total height to the top of the handles. And also the total width including the the mounting brackets on the bottom of the pack.

I see a lot of measurements online but I'm not sure if those are the dimensions of just the box, or if it includes the handle height and mounting feet.

thanks in advance, I'm also looking for a RoyPow dealer in the CT area if anybody knows of one.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (232.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (231.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (229.8 KB, 0 views)
bp2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default Re: RoyPow 160AH in Club Car DS Build

may be too late for this one,but the newer frame that uses 4-12v batteries is wider in middle.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
bp2500hd
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. yeah i know it wont fit in between the frame rails. my hope is to put it lengthwise across the cart over the frame rails and build a structure to hold the front side up and hold the battery level. but it will be close to the bottom if the seat because of the frame rails being there. thats why i am hoping for some more accurate measurements so i can build a mock up to see if it will fit.

thanks for the response.
bp2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
morvolts2
Gone Wild

in this case cardboard is your friend
cut pieces the same size as your pack,duct tape them together for mockup.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
morvolts2
Gone Wild

kinda OT but what did you use to weld the spliced pieces in?

I converted one of my smaller MIGs(140A) to aluminum and to my surprise it does very good.
New teflon liner ,10ft torch,.035 5356 wire and tweaking the tension on the drive wheel.
Not one birds nest.Surprise surprise no fancy spool gun needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car