lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2021, 04:32 PM   #21
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: BigBattery 48v 3.2 Kwh Lion

you are probably are hitting the amp draw of a single pack. They say the pack can do 2C but don’t say if it is continuous or not. What are the aH of the packs you have? with one pack missing you probably don’t have enough continuous draw.

The lithium cells differ greatly some can do a max continuous of 1C, 2C or even 5 C. With 105 AH you are looking at a max of 100-200 amp draw unless limited by the bms. If you take out a pack, it drops that %.
Also some info on Big Batt over at DIY solar
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here's the performance spec's of the 48V 80AH BigBattery:

Max Continuous Discharge Current: 126A
Max Continuous Power: 5600W
Max Discharge Peak Current: 252A (6 Seconds)
Voltage Range: 36 – 50.4V

I was looking at the data obtained from my cart concerning amp draw. The highest amp demand was 350-amps, and I would say the "average" was around 100-amps.

I don't think....for my application, this specific battery pack would do what I need it to do.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Marginal for sure!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #24
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig305 View Post
I bought this kit (pack of 2 - 48V NMC BDGR)
I had originally ordered same pack, but changed by order because BDGR was backordered too long. I went with PTBL. 48V 95Ah. Really happy so far. My stock charger works fine with it. It will get the front wheels of the ground! The max amps I pull is right about 250 during hard acceleration.

Hopefully they can upgrade you to PTBL if BDGR doesn't workout. I just saw today they now have BDGR Version 2. Not sure what the difference is yet.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car