lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 plowman clutch install

I just installed mine but kept the old belt on because it’s a pain in the butt to take it off due to the lift. Anyways, I noticed that the belt is really loose and I got to thinking that maybe he provided one because of the spring and now the belt needs to be smaller. Does anyone know if this is indeed the case?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 plowman clutch install

One quick call to Don Plowman would answer that 100%. I'd just be guessing if I tried to answer. That being said, I'd install a new belt with new clutches, but that's just me. Plowman's belts are top notch and will make a difference vs an old belt.

New belts will fit tighter because they have more material and are more grippy. They can be tough to get on, but it's possible with the right technique. I always put the belt over the drive clutch first. Then stretch it as far as I can over the driven clutch. Then push the cart in gear to get the belt on the rest of the way, it'll just spin on there.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
One quick call to Don Plowman would answer that 100%. I'd just be guessing if I tried to answer. That being said, I'd install a new belt with new clutches, but that's just me. Plowman's belts are top notch and will make a difference vs an old belt.

New belts will fit tighter because they have more material and are more grippy. They can be tough to get on, but it's possible with the right technique. I always put the belt over the drive clutch first. Then stretch it as far as I can over the driven clutch. Then push the cart in gear to get the belt on the rest of the way, it'll just spin on there.
No I get you totally. I would have changed it but it’s such a pain to get it over the front clutch because the bolt is literally right next to the frame because of the lift. I literally have to take the lift apart at the rear shocks to lower the clutch to get the belt over it.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok so I called Don and he said that it’s a standard factory belt so I’m going to hold off on replacing it just yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha