lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
toddalan
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble with cart

Hello i am new to this list. My electric 36v ezgo cart started making a clicking sound in the back when i would go in reverse, it was a very busy weekend so i kept using it until of course it stopped working. I can hear the motor turning when I accelerate and it makes a light grinding type noise but the cart does not move. My hope is that this is something I can fix myself but I do not know were to start. Can anyone help? Thank you so much in advance I really love my cart and use it alot..
toddalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trouble with cart

Sounds like a stripped out hub. Remove the rear hub caps and have some one try to go while you watch the nut in the center of the brake drum. If it spins without moving the wheel, then that's it. They can be very hard to remove if rust/frozen on the spline and the new one needs to be torqued on VERY tight.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Sounds like the brake drum is loose or the spline is stripped.
Pull the cotter pin on the rear drum and tighten the castle nut to at least 90 ft.lbs. and reinsert the cotter pin. Do not back off the castle but to insert the cotter pin, take it to the next hole. Factory specs call for the torque on this to be no less than 80 lbs and no more than 140 lbs.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well? Which was it loose or stripped? Or Both
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO