lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: possible to go too fast downhill?

Update: regen kicks in at 20 going down hills. Took the gps out with me to check.
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

How fast does it run on flat ground? What color are the wires on your chip?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #13
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Around 19 on flat ground. Red wires on the chip.
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I can tell ya that a cart hitting the road (falling off trailer) at 55 mph will explode the motor. I posted pics on here if the cart i have in the shop with a blown motor and controller. it is a lifted PDS cart too.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
Jbrown11352
Not Yet Wild

I can tell you first hand that going to fast down hill will seriously ruin your day and/or kill you and your passengers. I live in a gated city in SoCal and about 6 yrs ago a couple was killed when there motor locked up going downhill at approx 40 mph and they rolled the cart. I was coming back from the market on my modded cart going down the same **** hill about a month ago at about 40 mph and it happened to me (I've been down this hill a thousand times at this speed), I somehow corrected properly during fishtailing and then the motor finally gave way and I rolled to a stop. The only thing that saved me is that even though my cart is lifted a bit my oversized wheels and tires stick out making it much wider and more stable. Had it been a stock width I would have probably met my demise as the previous couple did. FYI, there are a million carts in here that run down that hill daily and these are the only two incidents like this I know of. My motor was a Santiago Cart Supply 36v 5HP 5000 RPM and the local cart shop says running 48v to that boosts it to 7HP 5500-600 RPM, the cart is a Yamaha G2 converted to 48v w/upgraded controller F/R switch, etc. that runs 30-32mph on flats. I'm picking up my new motor tomorrow and will never run faster downhill than I do on flats again.
Jbrown11352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO