lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
coal_man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Is this a good buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOmywallet View Post
but I just bought a 92' model with 08' batteries for $400. After getting it home and doing a lot of reading on here I find that I am going to have to bite the bullet and invest in new batteries......
I think the purchase price was very reasonable if it's the cart in your avatar with two year old batteries. You would think you would be able to get more than two years from a set of batteries unless they were abused or neglected somewhere along the way. What brand are they?

coal_man
coal_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Thats a lot of money for a 27 yr. old golf car.I pwould not want over 500 in it.

36 Volt it will never be very fast unless U make some major mods ($$).
So for running the yard if everything else were perfect , body, batteries,
tires, steering, seat, ...etc. $500-$600 is a lot .
parts will be hard to find and $$

My 2 cents worth.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #13
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK

went to see it and cosmetically it was a 1983, he wouldnt budge on price so i left it however today i have seen this any opinions welcome thanx, oh its a 2000 with 2 yr old batteries
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sorry forgot to put the link in

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/rvs/1568467086.html
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That sounds pretty reasonable to me, but the age of the batteries is not mentioned. I would also have to question the new motor and controller and now he wants to sell it ? You just have to watch some people as I am sure you well know. Patience is the name of the game if you ask me.....and really you didn't :) I put "golf cart" in the seach bar on craigslist and searched all the different cities I was willing to drive to for several months before finding the "deal" I was willing to chance.

Coal man, I agree with what you are saying and I am actually getting some more data on my batteries before I post on here with my problems. I hate to beat,kick,and body slam a dead horse as far as battery problems go on this site. They are us battery brand and seem to charge properly (by charger meter) and then with a volt meter they show full charge (each battery, except one shows 90%) and as a pack they show full charge. With it in the air, I can press the pedal for about 1.5-2 mins and then they show around 60% and are pretty much dead. As far as under a load (on the ground) I haven't ran it until it "stops" but I get nervous of having to walk after about 500ft. I have not used the meter under a load yet eiter.

Also I bought a cheap hydrometer and have not checked all cells, but out of the select ones I have they all show 1.150(recharge) when dead, and never get above about 1.210(low end of "fair") when charged even though the volts show 100%. Also when running the 1-2 mins with the wheels off the ground and losing the volts, when plugged back into the charger it takes about 2min for the amps on the charger to fall down to about 3 and then after just a couple of mins the pack/batteries show good volts again. They also hold volts just sitting just fine.

If I run it down the road and drop the volts that way, it does take longer for the amps on the charger to drop and to get the "charge" back. I am guessing the batteries were not taken care of, and really I don't have any history on the cart other then who I got it from traded someone else out of it. It also must have been used by a comm painter of some kind because it had a bed on it, and the cart had 4000 diferent colors of paint all over it....which was fun to try and get off.

Sorry to "hijack" your thread Gorhad, I should have just waited and started another one when I finished getting all my info together. Keep us updated on your search.

I will post these pics for you to see what I was looking at when buying one. I bought it and brought it home, gave it a good bath, and cleaned it up some with some paint (not the body....yet) Oh, and it didn't have a seat and I had to make one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart 002.jpg (102.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart 013.jpg (88.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart 019.jpg (102.8 KB, 5 views)
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car