lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
kymike
Gone Wild

Default club car body help

i am getting ready to redo the of my cc what is the best thing to use to fill scratches in some of them are pretty deep and whats the best paint for a golf cart body thanks
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: club car body help

mike as far as paint i heard any good rattle can is good. i heard of people using the krylon stuff for plastic, the rustuleom, and the cheap wally wolrd stuff. but it i think it all comes down to your prep work and your paintence working with the paint. you cant rush it, and you got to go slow!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
CCMike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car body help

If its an older leased cart from a golf coarse it may already have been painted already.. I look where the seat meets the body where it rubs to see if i have a blend of 2-3 colors. At least my experience from the dealer I purchased 2 of my carts from the paint they used wanted to lift with even laquer thinner. In that case i sealed the entire body with a good enamel sealer before doing any scratch filling with a quality polyester filler. If the body hasnt been painted you can use a plastic promoter( Krylon rattle can or body supply) to allow the paint to stick to it. I would imagine you would do your scratch filling before the plastic primer. Your local auto body supply place would have a better idea of what to use.
CCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car