lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: upgrade controller, solenoid, f/r switch now won't go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you link us to where you found this controller? 4844P is not a # I recognize?
A 400amp controller should have given you all the amps you needed on the hills?
Scottyb here is the link. http://www.evdrives.com/alltrax_axe4844.html

This is an Alltrax 4844 400 amp controller. My cart has been slower than normal from the get go so I'm thinking that the motor has issues. But if I replace the motor next and am still slow I'm going to pull my hair out. I have not upgraded the cables to 4 gauge yet could that be part of the problem?
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwayaustx View Post
What is the total pack voltage of your batteries? Sounds like you could have one or all weak batteries.
Checked batteries out prior to upgrade. Also checked pack voltage when cart would not go (prior to finding my mistake) pack voltage was 50 volts. Pretty sure batteries are good (new Trojans, not completely broke in yet). I have not upgraded the battery cables yet and the old ones were not in the greatest shape. Any chance the battery cables are the problem?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the 4844P controller is usually reserved for E-Z-GO applications.... have you checked the programming of the controller to ensure that the throttle input is correct for your club car? Also, I am not sure, but usually if you have the 4th main lug on the controller (the A2 lug), doesn't it need to be connected to get the proper output? Sounds like it might have a weak motor though.... at 48 volts, there is no reason that cart should be doing only 10MPH......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
the 4844P controller is usually reserved for E-Z-GO applications.... have you checked the programming of the controller to ensure that the throttle input is correct for your club car? Also, I am not sure, but usually if you have the 4th main lug on the controller (the A2 lug), doesn't it need to be connected to get the proper output? Sounds like it might have a weak motor though.... at 48 volts, there is no reason that cart should be doing only 10MPH......
I told the company I bought it from it was for a CC and he said he would program accordingly. If the throttle input was not set correctly woul'nt it not go at all? It does have an A2 lug which is not connected to anything???
Old 11-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The A2 lug typically connects to the A2 on the motor.

If they set the throttle wrong, it could still go, but not go correctly. Also, there are other parameters within the program that should be checked. As I said, 10MPH on a 48volt setup is REALLY slow.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The most economical thing you can do from an end user point of view. Is to send the motor to PQ and ask them to evaluate it and call you. A rewind would be a cheap fix if that is all she needs. I think the need for new cables is a given...
You can not under estimate the importance of good fresh cable...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quick update here (I'll do a build thread in members rides in the near future also). Bottom line is: upgraded motor (PQ assassin), custom 2 gauge cables from carts unlimited (thanks Scotty B), 6" lift and 22' tires. Cart is now scary fast It is so fast the wife is demanding that I buy seat belts. Preliminary speed runs with GPS were 35MPH on flats 20MPH on steep hill.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds more like Roll Cage and Helmets. But seriously Consider hydraulic brakes for your next upgrade - keep it safe
Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #19
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, better brakes are deffinetly on the upgrade list now. I expected that to be the case but did not give it high priority until now
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The reality is that you are going nearly 3 times the speed at which those were designed to work. SO you need many many times more breaking power.
Drive like somebody may pull out in front of you at any time... Be safe.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car