lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: cart takes forever to get going

take the belt off and see what happens and we'll go from there, you should be able to get it off with your hands
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You guys miss the part where he said he cleaned the engine with WD40? Just the least little bit on the belt will cause alot of these issues he's haveing. Also try spraying your belt with brake cleaner to clean any wd40 that might have got on it,then let it sit for awhile to dryout, then see what happens.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

nice catch rokcrlr! I totally overlooked it. That probably is the problem. Most of the time when a belt is soaked in a oil film it will never totally dry out. Depending on the load its under of course.

As cheap as these belts are I think I would just go get a new one!
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep and heres the one and place to get it, you can't beat the price.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/HP3004.html.
Sorry if I step on any site sponsors toes, but they do have a good price
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
mnoracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I fiallly got a chance to mess with my cart this week. The engine revs strong, runs well. Still haven't checked for comperssion cause I'm too cheap to buy a tester (embarrasing I know) With the wheels off the ground, the belt spins, wheels turn, and the "clutch" moves in and out, pinchibng the belt, and also behind the differential. The problem is when I put the wheels to the ground. The belt will not turn, barely at all. I think some of the smoke I see is the belt burning up.(aside from the exhaust) The clutch is not pinching the belt enough or something, which gives the cart no torque at all. Then after running it to the floor for so long, and not moving. The motor starts to load up and run like crap. I'm sure that there is no WD40 on the belt or the other surfaces the belt runs in. Should I just try a new belt? Opinions???
mnoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #16
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What color is the smoke before the belt adds to it? If it is black, you may be running rich and that will rob you of power.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
mnoracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm running a little rich. The plug was a little, little wet. I run a 2 stroke dirtbike, and if the mix is rich, I know it will still move. I don't think this is my problem. The smoke is a little bluish? But it runs great till you put the wheels on the floor. Thanks, then again what do I know?
mnoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO