lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
tyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO CLays - Biggest tire?

Anyone know what is the largest tire you can put on a factory lifted EZGO Clays Edition. Factory tires are 20x11x10 and there is plenty of room left in the wheel wells and I know 22x11x10's will fit, ideally I would like bigger if possible.
tyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO CLays - Biggest tire?

That's what she said!!

Im sure someone will be along shortly to help you out!! I seen the How Big and just had to throw a little "The Office" into it!

Good Luck!!

Jon
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Not everyone is Michael fricken Scott!

Sorry I don't have any valid contribution to the thread.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
tyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks -
Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Again, sorry. Please don't think badly of the entire forum for Jon and my bad behavior. What lift is in it? Can you attach some pictures? If it is anything like mine, I have 25" tires and they are about the biggest I've seen for sale.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, what Steve said! When you spend hours on this site like i do, you tend to get a little~~~KOO KOO__KOO KOO__KOO KOO! But i would say that the size of the tire would depend on alot of factors, such as lift height, budget, motor power. I think that Steve has a Rotax or something like that in his cart, so im sure he has plenty of power to get those 25" tires moving! I am planing on putting 22" on my 1986, but i have a stock motor, and will lift her up 4" with a lift kit! The bigger the tire, the more speed you will have, but your take-off speed will be lacking, unless you beef the engine!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...g-lifts-3.html

Im sure there will be more added to this, but until then, this is all i got!

Good Luck Bro! Keep us informed and lets see some before pics of the cart!!

Jon
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Factory lift is around 3-4". A 22" tire is close. Mine if tweaked hard will hit the flares but mine was converted from a txt cart. ST springs are different than TXT and I do not know why. They may be longer and hence push the front axle out so more clearance. My 2 cents
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Factory lift is around 3-4". A 22" tire is close. Mine if tweaked hard will hit the flares but mine was converted from a txt cart. ST springs are different than TXT and I do not know why. They may be longer and hence push the front axle out so more clearance. My 2 cents
When you say factory lift, do you mean off the showroom floor, or an aftermarket lift installed? I know that on the Marathons, you can rock 22" tires all day long with no problems, as long as you use offset rims and a 4" aftermarket lift.

Are you using offset rims?

Jon
Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
tyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure... I was going to replace the factory 20x11x10 tires and wheels with black 22x11x10 tires. How do I know if the wheels are offset?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WOW!! Im sorry, i just went back and read your first post! I didnt know we were talking about a Clays! I respectfully Bow Out! i am a Marathon guy! I thought something seemed weird when you said~~I was going to replace the factory 20x11x10 tires and wheels with black 22x11x10 tires. WOW factory 10" rims and 22" tire,SWEET!

Offset wheels will have the lug plate, the place where the lugs go through the rim, closer to the inside of the rim, further away from the valve stem! The rim in the picture has a 2"x3" offset. This would bring the tire closer to the cart, which, with bigger tires, you dont want! If you buy rims for a cart, and it says "offset", it will be the correct offset, like a 3"x2", which will push the rim and wheel away from the cart, making sure it does not rub on anything!

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheelsize.jpg (104.4 KB, 6 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO